Personal documentaries?

I'm trying to find some personal documentaries about peoples lives where the person is actually active in the whole documentary. The "Half Ton Man" for example. That was a personal documentary that focused on him, his life, his struggle, his problems and he was active in the whole documentary and spoke openly in it. Anyone know of some more?

And does any one know where I can find a personal documentary that someone made about themselves? I know there are many out there but they are not mainstream so I can't find them. Most of them were probably low budget and never reached an audience over 100,000, am I right?

Plus it isn't like they held the camera themselves so I won't be able to spot one if I see one unless it says somewhere that it was filmed by them or that they are the ones behind the filming and production and stuff.

????

"Born Into Brothels".

It won an Academy Award (deservedly so) for Best Documentary, in addition to a whole ton of huge awards from huge festivals.

And yet, not many people have seen it.

It's amazing. Watch it now!

Tv junkie

Rick Kirkham was a successful TV reporter, and could have been a major U.S. television profile if it hadn't been for his massive drug and alcohol abuse. Kirkham filmed his life every day with a video camera from the age of 14 years. On the basis of his video material the story of his life is told in this documentary.

That one is closer to what I was looking for thanks.

I'm trying to find a documentary out there that is similar to mine in the way that it isn't focused around a celebrity or public figure.

The Half Ton man is the best example I have at the moment. Just a regular guy with an amazing story.

I'm making a documentary about my life story and so far it looks like no one else has made a documentary like that about themselves. The closest thing I've found to it is family history docs and things like that, just a bunch of pictures and low quality video of them talking about their family tree. They aren't made for an audience though.

I know that I am not pushing any boundaries with my documentary or opening the doors for anyone else, but I just want to look into it first and find some others.

My Father, the Genius - a daughter interviews her architect father.

Confessions of a Superhero - follows several broke actor-wannabes.

That kind of thing? Have not seen the Half-Ton Man

Dammit! Yet another occasion (there have been so many) when I highly-recommend "Born Into Brothels", but nobody will watch it.

YA'LL DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE MISSING! IT'S FUCKING BEAUTIFUL!!!

I hope I've reached one person. :)

Dammit! Yet another occasion (there have been so many) when I highly-recommend "Born Into Brothels", but nobody will watch it.

YA'LL DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE MISSING! IT'S FUCKING BEAUTIFUL!!!

I hope I've reached one person. :)

I added it to my Netflix queue...

Back