• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Liberation: A Dystopian Action Film

Hey guys! My name is David West. I'm an aspiring writer/director/cinematographer/editor from Southern Oregon. My new short film Liberation is an action film tells the story of a young man who faces a crisis of conscience after his brother winds in the hospital in a dystopian near future. I can't really say more without revealing a few twists that happen along the way, but I hope that you'll watch the film and learn more!

Liberation is my 4th short film (though my 3rd won't be released until later this fall). I am the writer, director, cinematographer/camera operator, and editor, plus I also cameo as a prisoner about halfway through the film. It was shot on a Panasonic GH2 for a budget of less than $800. We made it for a Christian Speed Film making contest called the 168 Project where we had 10 days to write a script and plan a film and 7 days (168 hours) to shoot and edit it. We weren't accepted into the festival, which was almost certainly because of our film's libertarian political themes (and maybe violence). No matter; we've since released online and it's been pretty well received. I'd love to know what you guys think! There are a bunch of things I wish I could have done differently, but considering how limited our time frame was, I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out!

Here is the full 18-minute short film:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4H0gJ4TwYc

And if you want to check it out before investing 18 minutes of your life into the short, here's the trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FAiEhQJzJA

Hope you guys enjoy it!

Last edited:
What hosting site did you use? The video isn't loading and all I'm getting is a white frame. :( I'm sure the movie is good though! I will definitely watch it when it decides to actually load. :P

Not sure why that happened... Looks like the "YouTube" tags just don't work. Weird. I thought it just wasn't loading on my end when I posted it because I was on an AWFUL internet connection. At any rate, I've fixed the links now.

Back