VOD and DVD World Wide Distribution

Hello everyone, I will get to the point!

We have been growing very fast since DiGi Distribution has started.

We now have two departments, one being at Universal Studios (DVD) and the other in Reedley Ca (VOD)

We now offer DVD worldwide and as many of you know VOD for US and Canada - (Soon to be World Wide as well)

DiGi Distribution can take your film "directly" to territories for sales - Many distribution companies that claim to be a "distribution company" are still only "sales agents" - DiGi Distribution on the other hand is not.

We offer a 70% "gross" contract, not a "NET" contract.

I am please to announce that Jeff Berry has been brought on board as President of DiGi Distribution after 17 long years of working for Universal Studios.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask them below.

Thanks!

DiGi Distribution

So your company is like Film Baby basically?

Hi Blade Jones, we offer VOD and DVD distribution - Film baby is a platform for selling on the web more then a distribution company.

We can get your films into iTunes, Netflix, Hulu, and more -

We can distribute your film internationally to territories that will write a check for your film.

The relationships we have with these territories are 12 years in the making

sample.png

Hi Nick,

I realise you are here looking for films to distribute and as my question does not directly relate to this, feel free not to answer.

My work (audio post) is primarily for TV, although I also sometimes do DVD re-versioning and make foreign language versions of TV and theatrical content. I notice that beyond basic channel counts you do not appear to have audio specifications/requirements. I realise that VOD and DVD are not subject to the Calm Act (ATSC A85) requirements or to the broadcast requirements in Europe (EBU R128) but in all the cases of DVD content I've dealt with, the distributors required at least an M&E mix and usually a compliment of individual stems (dialogue, effects and music), in addition to the complete mix of course. My question is, beyond the basic channel counts (2 channel stereo for SD content and 5.1 + 2 channel stereo for HD content), do you have any audio QC or deliverables requirements? I'm assuming you must have at least some audio QC considerations because presumably you won't distribute content below a certain level of quality, say where some or all of the dialogue is unclear or indecipherable or where there are obvious audio glitches and faults?

BTW, I only want to know out of curiosity, to be well informed of the audio delivery requirements my clients (producers) and potential clients may need to achieve.

Thanks, G

AudioPostExpert, you will have to contact support - support@digidistribution.com for technical questions.

I am here posting this because there are ways to make money with indie films. Going to the wrong company is the indie's biggest downfall. DiGi is here to do our best to stop that, but ultimately it is up to the producer to choose what he/she wants to do.

Also, at our last trip to Sundance we asked a few other film distribution companies why they do not post in public forums, and I am not kidding when I write this, but below is what most will say:

"Why would we lower ourselves to the filmmakers level"

I look at them, and say "were you ever a filmmaker?" they always reply, "No"

Anyway, the bottom line is we want filmmakers to make money and continue making films, end of story :)

If you have any other questions (other then technical) I can assist you.

There are many high quality films out there, the producers of these films have been confused by articles, blog posts, and other resources online that tell them DVD distribution is dead and self distribution is in. Let me tell you all, DVD distribution is not dead. DVD "Domestic" has dropped, but lets not forget about the rest of the world :)

Back