Press Release info

You're most likely to get some attention in your local paper. Beyond that, it's pretty tough to get noticed when you're starting out.

But depending on where you live (how big an area/town/city), you might get the local press to run your release and maybe even interview you. If you live in a big city, see if there are (usually free) papers that are for different neighborhoods.

You're most likely to get some attention in your local paper. Beyond that, it's pretty tough to get noticed when you're starting out.

But depending on where you live (how big an area/town/city), you might get the local press to run your release and maybe even interview you. If you live in a big city, see if there are (usually free) papers that are for different neighborhoods.

I just contacted them now, I live in a pretty big county here, hope they'll contact me back but I also contacted some other film blogs and news groups, especially animation, just in case they might be interested.
Thanks very much for the help. :)

Social media works way better than press releases these days but since you asked, you can use sites like http://pr.com for press releases.

Yes and no.

Press releases can reach different people and they can amplify your reach in social media, because a published press release is also worth sharing. It also adds credibilty to a social campaign.

Mixed media is a good way to create awareness.

A press release is just a fancy ad worded like news and in most cases is not "sexy" enough to go viral or hold the interest of today's readers. A funny video would do better and be more likely to be shared. Even big companies try their best to go viral, a press release is a snooze fest. I've released them myself and the release companies can be strict with how it is worded, it has to be straight up information or they reject it. No one going to share that except the very few excited by text they read, like, a new camera being released or something.

No, others might not share it.
You can still share it.

Besides that: there is still a whole lot of people who read the local newspaper quite good and don't spend that much time online. A press release on it's own won't do much. It is part of creating a presence and 'triggers' so local people recognize your campaign, because they read about it. They recognize your name in the paper, because your ....s son.
And it can lead people directly to your website.
At least, that is my experience. (I did use a url made for my latest pressrelease, so I could see visitors coming from that source. I do get reactions of people saying they read it.)

Just remember to not expect miracles from it.

That's why I posted the link to the press release company, to use. But not to expect much. However PR.com is good they get it out there, and have some good options.

Back