Hello from Croatia!

Hey fellow members,
I've been interested in filmmaking for a long time now and especially in cinematography. I'm 20 y.o. and a student (graphics design). I also make electronic music (mostly dub/dubstep - the UK variety). I've been lurking from time to time on here so finally decided to join you all.
As for the filmmaking equipment (not sure if I should mention it but nevermind haha), I have a Panasonic G6, a Helios 44m-4, a 35mm f/2.8 taken from an old rangefinder film camera and acting as a lens whacking.. lens?, a Soligor AF Zoom 19-35mm f/3.5-4.5 because I wanted to have a bit of wide angle on the 2x crop sensor and am also looking to get a cheap Fujian/Wesley 25mm f/1.8 just to get a nice 50mm equivalent. I also have a cheap vari ND filter, a very cheap shoulder rig (Spider steady) and If someone is still reading this far, if someone could help me, I want to improve that cheap shoulder rig because it's flimsy abd really light and the shoulder pad is non-existent.
I also have a Tolifo PT-176s led light and a YN216 led light (for which I don't have any batteries or adapter). I also have to buy a follow focus and a decent tripod and a mic plus an external audio recorder.
My main problem is that I am too lazy to just make short films with my friends because I get caught up on the story and their ability to not really know how to act and I can't direct them very well so I should probably do a few micro short films without dialogue and focus on the camera and editing as I should have by now. I volunteered on a low budget feature film two years ago and it was from a first time feature director who is also a student and had a lot of fun and I learned a lot in those two or three months. So, looking forward to asking you stupid questions and maybe answering some of yours as well!
Best, Alen.

P.S sorry for the long post.

Back