test screenings

i'd like to do test screenings of my recent documentary to indie film enthusiasts before submitting it to some indie festivals. i'm a media artist who in general doesn't exclusively make films. so, i have no professional filmmakers around me. please let me know if you are the one who would be willing to get a sneak peek of my work and give me some feedback. your name will appear in the film credits under creative adviser.

Last edited:
i'd like to do test screenings of my recent documentary to indie film enthusiasts before submitting it to some indie festivals. i'm a media artist who in general doesn't exclusively make films. so, i have no professional filmmakers around me who i can invite for test screenings. please let me know if you are the one who would willing to watch my work and give me some feedback. your name will appear in the film credits as a creative adviser.

Sure. Happy to help if you're OK with me shooting from the hip.

Fire me over a link and I'll have a look.

great! thank you for your willingness. the film is not in ENG so i need a little time to figure out how to add captions to it in Youtube or Vimeo. i'll get in touch with you in shortly. thanks again.

I've started taking a look at it in segments, I'll shoot you a message with my full feedback once I fully watch it this week.

Right off the bat, though, you need to kick up the volume of the narrator drastically. I can't understand about half the dialogue because the volume on it is too low. Plus, the music is overpowering it, making it more difficult.

Narrator Dialogue should be louder and clearer than everything else.

I'll send you a message with the rest, I just wanted to get that out there!

you're absolutely right. in fact, i've been looking for a new narrator who is between 40 and 50 yrs old. looking forward to hearing your thoughts. thank you!

Back