• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch 11 minutes, improvised comedy short

A little silly short film... Most people won't like it... It is all fully improvised so the continuity is messed up and of course the audio sucks (didn't have proper sound person :( )... and for some, 11 minutes is too long... So... I share it but you don't have to watch it... Whatever... If you watch it you will just waste your time so do NOT complain! I warned you!

I am not the best at promoting my films lol

watch HD >> http://youtu.be/ev9o1e-1_CU

watch LQ:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ev9o1e-1_CU

Last edited:
Brilliant! The use of heavy reverb on their voices really emphasized the underlying notion that these people are trapped in the boxes that society has built around them, and paralleled nicely with the fear expressed by the protagonist of the cavernous tunnels he encountered upon stepping outside of his own box and briefly entering, at once metaphorically and physically, hers. Shades of Plato's cave, truly, but clearly a commentary more fully grounded in the modern experience; the protagonist's retreat to his own box after briefly experiencing hers keenly satirizes the heavily-marketed notion that freedom can be found through individual escape from the doldrums of daily life so many find themselves in. The subtle callback to the emptiness of her earlier promises of violent escape from these same doldrums was masterful, as was the parallel between his later retreat and her use of alcohol to suppress her violent urges. The vague promises of more to come - tomorrow, next week, a month from now - truly illustrated the paradox of modern life; for all our cries that something will change, things will get better, progress will be made and dreams will come true, there is a tacit understanding that there is comfort in the boxes we find ourselves in and most will, ultimately, remain in them out of our own agency rather than some external imposition.

Brilliant! The use of heavy reverb on their voices really emphasized the underlying notion that these people are trapped in the boxes that society has built around them, and paralleled nicely with the fear expressed by the protagonist of the cavernous tunnels he encountered upon stepping outside of his own box and briefly entering, at once metaphorically and physically, hers. Shades of Plato's cave, truly, but clearly a commentary more fully grounded in the modern experience; the protagonist's retreat to his own box after briefly experiencing hers keenly satirizes the heavily-marketed notion that freedom can be found through individual escape from the doldrums of daily life so many find themselves in. The subtle callback to the emptiness of her earlier promises of violent escape from these same doldrums was masterful, as was the parallel between his later retreat and her use of alcohol to suppress her violent urges. The vague promises of more to come - tomorrow, next week, a month from now - truly illustrated the paradox of modern life; for all our cries that something will change, things will get better, progress will be made and dreams will come true, there is a tacit understanding that there is comfort in the boxes we find ourselves in and most will, ultimately, remain in them out of our own agency rather than some external imposition.

wow... I did not expect anything like that! Thank you! :blush::rolleyes:

It was enjoyable. "You showed me deep dark tunnels." hahaha "Clean your room." HAHAHAH.

I liked the way you were experimenting with the framing. That's what all these shorts are about anyway. Not about perfection, but trial and error.

Keep it up.

Put out the best work you can, be confident, and voice that confidence if you are going to add some remark or statement before people watch it. I don't want to watch something that the film's own creator continually says sucks. I don't want to watch something that "most people won't like", has "continuity messed up", the runtime being "too long", and audio that "sucks". Perhaps "here's my new improvised short film, leave me some feedback!" might work better. I'm sure the short's not bad (trueindie seemed to find it enjoyable, and I've enjoyed some of the films you've made in the past), but I think you need to work on marketing and/or promoting your work more than anything.

Lukas: "Hi everyone, I've got a kind of experimental, improvised film. It's not the greatest. Hope everyone likes it."

Everyone: "Lukas, you suck at marketing. You should have lied to us and told us it was the greatest film under the sun, and then we would have watched it. Too bad you didn't mislead us into watching it. Too bad you didn't raise our expectations before we watched it, so we could have trashed it publicly. Now guess what, we're not even going to watch it. :grumpy: :tongue: :mad:"

Lukas: "Hi everyone, I've got a kind of experimental, improvised film. It's not the greatest. Hope everyone likes it."

Everyone: "Lukas, you suck at marketing. You should have lied to us and told us it was the greatest film under the sun, and then we would have watched it. Too bad you didn't mislead us into watching it. Too bad you didn't raise our expectations before we watched it, so we could have trashed it publicly. Now guess what, we're not even going to watch it. :grumpy: :tongue: :mad:"

lol :cool::D

Back