• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch The Perfect Woman!!!

Yes thats correct...It was a telephone interview and my voice was recorded and broadcast on www.budgetfilmmaker.com under the "news" section.

Before the interview i had drank 4 pints of beer...but i did not embarrass myself or anyone else!

Eddie Rex.

(ALL HAIL! George Best 1946 - 2005 RIP)

So far i have only edited 57 seconds off the orginal 19 mins 44 secs and i do not think i could ever get the length down to 5 or 6 mins without cutting a scene i enjoy. But thanks for watching my film.

This is why it's often good to have someone other than youself edit your movie. The editor can make it tight and great and not be emotionaly attached to the footage. I know how you feel, after spending hours dressing and setting up a shot and doing take after take to get it right you definately don't want to part with it, but in the end you have to do what's best to make your' film great.

Making your film acceptable to yourself is easy if that's your goal. But if you want others to love it and think it's great sometimes you just have to bite the bullet and cut out what you don't need.

Thanks for sharing your film with us!

Yes quite right. The film footage is like golddust to me and deleting it really depressing.

However i have added various sound effects like animal noises, weird laughter, burping, etc, which makes every scene completely ridiculous and funny.

Currently i have exported the new version from premiere pro 1.5 on to a mini dv tape but i do not know how to export on to a dvd.

Eddie, you seem sincere, but I couldn't make it all the way through TPW (gee, that TLA is kind of addictive). I must say I enjoyed most of the locations, and shot-framing, even some of the casting, and the general quirkiness of the piece. But the acting wasn't happening, and the editing either. Problems with both eclipse the absurdity of the story, which was actually so over the top that I found myself reluctantly intrigued. From the issues that arose for me, it almost appears as though you haven't watched enough movies/television. To use a blunt metaphor, the movie seemed autistic.

Find a movie that you really like a lot. Watch it. Watch it again. Watch it again. Watch it until you no longer pay any attention to the story, the acting, what's going on. Then you'll start noticing how long scenes take, where the scene cuts are, how the Director and Editor create dramatic and comedic tension and release. Then watch it some more. This is like training for long distance running, at this point you have to move past the boredom to where you view the movie from a different space entirely. Movies are a lot like music, they have a rhythm. Watch it with the sound off. Watch your own work with the sound off. There should be a discernible tempo, or ebb and flow. People have to care about what you're doing. You need to be aware of this in every step of production. We don't create work in a vacuum for only ourselves. How boring that is! Watch it again. Then watch something in a completely different genre, and notice how the pacing is different. You seem to have a grasp of the visual aspects, if you can work your pacing better and find some better actors (look for theatrical troops, standup comedians, local "characters" who ham it up wherever they are), you'll do fine with your next project. Filmmaking is collaborative, don't be afraid to let others in on your process, you can only learn and grow. Don't worry about the naysayers, they aren't filmmakers.

Thank you DavidChecker i am just a novice filmmaker and very enthusiastic about my work. I know what long distance running is like as i ran the Great North Run in 2002, 2003 & 2004 which is 13.1 miles with my best time being 83 mins 42 secs (a poor performance in my opinion) and also i run an average weekly mileage of between 40 to 50 miles. I am a fitness fanatic!

However the latest short film i have been working on is "Airport 9/11" which is based on a true supernatural experience...

Back