meth addict research

Can anyone tell me some movies and/or web sites where I can study how meth effects a person? I need to know how they look, act, how they act when they don't have their drug everything. Thank-you

I did some research myself and one very saddening fact I found was the damage to their children. Young kids left alone in their homes / meth labs with 4 year olds sometimes taking care of infants. truly messed up stuff.

With the # of people affected by this epidemic, I'm surprised you don't know some directly (currently using or recovering) that you could ask (ask if they are comfortable talking about it first -- recovery can be very difficult and talking about the experience unguided can bring back the impulse to use).

I personally know 4 people from different parts of my life who are currently recovering from the damage it didi to them and their relationships. I guarantee you probably know someone.

My friends mother is recovering and she wrote a poem after a 4 day binge as she put it. My attempt is to visual capture her words. She hopes that the poem and video will somehow help someone that is also addicted.

In the Netherlands we have a national TV-show about sex and drugs.
(;) I hear some people think: 'yeah the immoral Dutch again': yes, we aren't hypocrits about these subjects: education is a serious tool to prevent unwanted situations like meth-addiction or teenage-pregnancy.)
This episode is about both streetprostitution in Italy and about Meth in the USA.
Although it's a Dutch program, the larger part of the meth story is English, because the reporter talks with lawenforcement and an addict (and that is not pleasant).
http://spuitenenslikken.bnn.nl/video/eb3da7c5383568cdb590d85527a1eb03

Unfortunately, rules about PG for tv have been enforced on TV-shows on the web since last week. This show is for 16+ audiences only, so it can be viewed after 22:00 European time. (I'm not sure whether the website checks your timezone or uses the local timezone to unlock and lock the video. So I guess you just have to try and find out.)

I love my pseudoephedrine cold medicines, so I don't care for the show's knocking them or calling for them to be made prescription only. But, it's a good show. Of course, Frontline rocks.

Frontline: The Meth Epidemic

And take a look at The Faces of Meth.

Also, have you seen the excellant Winter's Bone?

The Salton Sea is a good film that I hope isn't forgotten. Its story has a meth component.

I haven't seen it, but apparently the TV show Breaking Bad is about meth producers.

Maybe these could give you some inspiration or guidance.

Last edited:
Back