• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch College Life

I think quicktime sucks because with Windows media, I can ALWAYS get excellent quality files and they are still small files. Quicktime is just harder to accomplish this with.

Of course, when I say "Quicktime Sucks", I'm just meaning that Windows is better in my opinion...and it sucks that quicktime is more widespread.

LOGAN L Productions said:
I think quicktime sucks because with Windows media, I can ALWAYS get excellent quality files and they are still small files. Quicktime is just harder to accomplish this with.

I've always experience just the opposite.

Well, I have a PC first of all...I don't know if you do, but maybe that's why Windows Media is so much better for me.

It could also be that I use Windows Movie Maker to compress my files. This program, while a shitty editor, compresses awesomely...just check out the final cut (JUST 12MB) to see the quality picture AND great sound.

When ZenSteve compressed my quicktime files a while back, the 18MB version was WAY inferior in picture and completely retarded audiowise...it sounded like the whole movie took place in a small room and the mic was muffled. With the new Windows file I have up that is actually SMALLER, the picture and sound are great and ideal for viewing.

I can also view Windows fullscreen on my computer and quicktime can go ALMOST fullscreen, but there is still a tool bar at the top, along with silver boarders. Now, if you tell me "Logan, you're not using Quicktime right!" Well, then that just means that Windows Media Player is more user friendly.

P.S. Let me know what you think of the final cut!!

Hi Logan... I just watched your 'final cut' although I haven't seen the original so I can' t compare. I reckon the picture quality is good and your camera work and editing all feels pretty tight. The dialogue at the start was a bit soft for me or even seemed a bit out of sync but that might just be my computer! The parking was my favorite bit. Overall good job in the filming department but thought the script could be a bit more interesting. Oh and I like the opening credits on the t-shirt and door etc.

Uhhhhh .. the only thing I noticed different from the first version I watched and the Final Cut was the Text on Screen "LATE FOR CLASS" when the alarm went off (which was unnecessary). Everything else seemed the same to me.

Poke

Thanks guys.

Poke: The intro music build up was a different sound, I tightened the editing, and at the end (when the credits roll), the music blares instead of starting of slowly and then building up....minor stuff. I also fixed the audio so that all songs were the same volume and did some ghetto foley.

I don't know why, but the "Late for class" thing does something for me...just something to look at I guess...(and, of course, it explains why Steve is in such a hurry)...

Drummergirl: I agree with everything you said. The dialogue is in sync in my computer, though.

Poke: The intro music build up was a different sound, I tightened the editing, and at the end (when the credits roll), the music blares instead of starting of slowly and then building up....minor stuff. I also fixed the audio so that all songs were the same volume and did some ghetto foley.

Okay, I was thinking you added a scene with a CGI Jabba the Hut or something.

I don't know why, but the "Late for class" thing does something for me...just something to look at I guess...(and, of course, it explains why Steve is in such a hurry)...

I don't think it needs explaining, BUT it is your film and sometimes little quirks like that can make a film succeed where it might have failed without said quirk.

Poke

Back