• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch [video] MANN in DRIVING

CLICK HERE
6 min, comedy WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER (7 meg)

MANN tries to keep awake on a long, late night drive.

Written and directed and starring JON OSBECK as "MANN"

Produced by Jon Osbeck & Peter John Ross

Camera work by Bret Dahlgren

Shot 24p with the Panasonic DVX100A in Columbus, Ohio

-----------

about the Mann Project
Somewhere between Charlie Chaplin, Harold Lloyd and Buster Keaton, Mann is the epitome of the common man struggling to do that which is set out before him. Whether he is doing the impossible, or trying impossibly to just do something, Mann gets what’s coming to him.

www.themannproject.com

------------------------------------------

used the Canopus DVRAPTOR card to capture, then used the WEB VIDEO TOOL to encode, it's enhanced for their codec. Fast too.

Funny again...Sonny did you do the speed up (fast motion) via the camera or via the editing?

Chris

Jon Osbeck, as editor & creator did 150% speed in post to give it "Mann speed". Again, there is a great tool for RAptor video called "Speed Controller" that does ana amazing job with sped up footage and slow down footage enhanced for their codec. I one used it to speed up a video of a hotel 3,000% for time lapse.

My favorite thing about it was the repetition of the car making the curve shot.

I gotta agree. I'm not sure why, but I just laughed harder and harder each time that shot was used.

I can't wait for the next installment.

sonnyboo said:
Jon Osbeck, as editor & creator did 150% speed in post to give it "Mann speed". Again, there is a great tool for RAptor video called "Speed Controller" that does ana amazing job with sped up footage and slow down footage enhanced for their codec. I one used it to speed up a video of a hotel 3,000% for time lapse.

Thanks for the information Sonny!

Chris

i'd be lying if i said that was anything short of hilarious. make more, thank you.

-tom
inconsiderate.net

sonnyboo said:

CLICK HERE
6 min, comedy WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER (7 meg)

MANN tries to keep awake on a long, late night drive.

Written and directed and starring JON OSBECK as "MANN"

Produced by Jon Osbeck & Peter John Ross

Camera work by Bret Dahlgren

Shot 24p with the Panasonic DVX100A in Columbus, Ohio

-----------

about the Mann Project
Somewhere between Charlie Chaplin, Harold Lloyd and Buster Keaton, Mann is the epitome of the common man struggling to do that which is set out before him. Whether he is doing the impossible, or trying impossibly to just do something, Mann gets what’s coming to him.

www.themannproject.com

------------------------------------------

Mikey D said:
I gotta agree. I'm not sure why, but I just laughed harder and harder each time that shot was used.

I can't wait for the next installment.

I actually didn't like that. Sorry.

Otherwise I loved it. Mann is like Mr. Bean on caffein. I'll definitely be watching the other two.

simple and effective

I liked this. Good example of how something simple can still be effective.

This is nowhere near the type of films I'm interested in making - the reason I say that is to show there's no bias - I like it nonetheless.

I laughed out loud.

GREATwarEAGLE said:
I liked this. Good example of how something simple can still be effective.

This is nowhere near the type of films I'm interested in making - the reason I say that is to show there's no bias - I like it nonetheless.

I laughed out loud.

THANKS!

2 more MANN shorts are coming soon....

Osbeck has a great character there.

I didn't like this one as much as the Pink Slip episode, though. I think the first was better, as it had interaction with other people... who also acted in a similar way. Almost giving the impression of a world populated by such odd people, but where such bizarre behaviour was the norm.

Looking forawrd to seeing the upcoming ones. :yes:

I think Osbeck has created a great character that will go far.

Back