New project - EXCITED !!

Ok.. Im as excited and jazzed up as I can be at the old age of 50 right now. Im filming a short on Dec 9th thru the 12th. Im aiming for a 10 minute thriller. I have the "script" in my head and on a dry erase board behind me. Im auditioning 3 more people today and will get serious about getting the script banged out in the next week w/ storyboarding and figger out the camera moves I want to set the mood in the following week AND mebbe a week for "adjustments" and what not.

I've got the core talent all being experienced and most I have worked with or they have worked with others who I have and get along with. I will have one armed standoff/encounter and two killings to do in this project. This is not a splatter or a gore fest, but will have the killings to add to the story if you will.

The most dodgy of shooting days will be the last. I have a hair salon at my disposal and will have 4 actresses and mebbe 20 extras to deal with. I hope to get mebbe 3 1/2 minutes of material that day so I will need to get a good nights rest the night before.

This will be my most ambitious effort so far. I really want to focus on style, lighting, mood and camera work to make this a powerful short film. I have done some shorts, a horrid feature and now I want to focus on quality and style.

This is what I live for right now. Being creative and having people help me get the job done. this is a no-budget short. I'll make pizzas for the talent to eat and have some sodas available and that is it. I expect to have a small crew assist me as I am usually a one man film crew anyways ( with all the results one could expect ).

The working title is "Please Don't Leave Me alone", a story about a young lady who who has mental problems and was abused as a kid. The story has a bizarre twist at the end and Im challenging myself and the talent to bring it out !!

Sweeeet. Sounds exciting.

But dude, get the script banged out now. I think you'll be glad if you can have a 1st cut in the bag, then be able to step away from it for a little while, so that when you go back to revise it, you'll be looking at it with fresh eyes.

Best of luck!

Heh, hope you have some assistants for the 20-odd extras, or they'll be roaming all over like lost sheep. :lol:

YA ! i know like herding cats !! most have "some" experience and I will have all hands on deck for that one. I have a speech in my mind that goes " my voice is the MOST important voice here today". We'll see how it goes. Hopefully it will be the last day of production and It will go smoothly.

with 20 extras in a shoot em up.. my guess is your going for chaos anyway.. so let the chaos loose on that last shoot! Might want to have a few extra cameras on hand capturing random CU's and cutaways ...

Im looking to have a busy hair salon similar to the beauty spa in the movie Repulsion ( 1960 ). Even w/ 20 extras, it will be on a smaller scale than Repulsion, but. I shall make it look as big as I can w/ camera angles ( I hope ) . I will then have the ladies do a wardrobe change and I shall then re-arrange the salon somewhat in the end and cheat a small darkened room w/ the same 20 ladies grooving & listening to music in a dreamy hallucinogenic setting.

Last edited:
Where are you in Texas Indie? Give me a shout. I would be happy to help out in anyway I can!!

Hello,
In in Spring TX just North of Houston.

Im shooting Dec 9th thru the 12th.

I finished up the script and am now working on storyboard and the like. Ive got 13 scenes. the script is 14 1/2 pages. i expect to have a 10 - 12 minute runtime. Some scenes will be slow and some will have a fast pace. It's getting to be funtime. Still tinkering with a location or two as alternates. I expect next week for storyboarding and the week following will be tweaking things and lighting tests

Here ya go... we had a rehearsal last night. Some ROUGH , ROUGH footage I just pasted together.. I did not bother w/ follow focus or getting the lighting down. We were playing with the acting & pacing so no need for telling me about focus, white balance, continuity and the like.

I did get an even better Lead actress so Im glad the first one flaked out. Yes her first lines sucked so we worked that out, sounded fake & forced.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CSBlM8g2b0

Last edited:
Back