• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

In need of a story

Hello,

This may be a bit weird for this forum but ill ask it here anyway. I'm a 15 year old boy who loves digital design. Right now im working on a CGI animation about a little robot (http://puu.sh/y0fVE/d98490529e.png). The only thing i need right now, is a story including this robot. Can anyone think of a story that will take about 2 minutes and isn't too hard to animate etc.

I hope you got ideas!

Kind Regards,

The robot could be standing bored like a security guy in the mall, doing its duty, restricted to sucking up crap from the floor when someone drops something. But it is a robot that is a bit more clever and clearly, from the body language we can tell that he feels overqualified. He uses an opportunity to leave his post to discover more from the building and goes completely nuts when he comes face to face with a flower.

He looks like a pistachio. Play on that. Maybe he finds a pistachio on the ground, and falls in love. He nudges it with his nose, and tries to get it to respond. Etc. LOL.

The robot is walking a bit in a hurry, carrying glass domes like the one in his head, obviously from other robots. Around, there are robots, lying "dead" and some parts of robots broken and burned.

He brings one by one the glasses to a spot and put them in a weird order, like he is constructing something like a big telescope.

The weird telescope is ready and he is adjusting the coordinates according to some drawings he did on the sand.

Finally, is dark. He is standing in front of the telescope which eyepiece is actually in a very low height. He knees and sits. The dome opens and another robot, small like human jumps down. He goes to the eyepiece and looks inside. He sees the earth broken in to two pieces.

If you like it, message me to tell you details, or make it simpler without losing any emotion. The image you posted is great, you seem good in this. Do you have any examples of moving CGI you made?

Last edited:
The robot is walking a bit in a hurry, carrying glass domes like the one in his head, obviously from other robots. Around, there are robots, lying "dead" and some parts of robots broken and burned.

He brings one by one the glasses to a spot and put them in a weird order, like he is constructing something like a big telescope.

The weird telescope is ready and he is adjusting the coordinates according to some drawings he did on the sand.

Finally, is dark. He is standing in front of the telescope which eyepiece is actually in a very low height. He knees and sits. The dome opens and another robot, small like human jumps down. He goes to the eyepiece and looks inside. He sees the earth broken in to two pieces.

If you like it, message me to tell you details, or make it simpler without losing any emotion. The image you posted is great, you seem good in this. Do you have any examples of moving CGI you made?

Thanks for your story =D This is my first 'model' and animation i'm making :thumbsup:. I like your idea and i will think about it. I'm just 15 years old so i'm using Cinema4D student version LOL

Thank you all for the ideas!

I used all your stories for inspiration and this is my final story:
The robot is just a toy in a kids room when it becomes alive. When he is discovering the house, he finds an egg in the kitchen and he is immediately in love and tries to communicate with it untill the egg falls on the ground and breaks =DDDD

Sounds good! I like my pistachio better than the egg but glad you liked the idea. :D

It could have ended where he still thinks it's "of of them" and in love, cuddling it, and another male casually walks by, eats it, and the other just has a blank stare.

Haha. But the egg idea is good too.

Thank you all for the ideas!

I used all your stories for inspiration and this is my final story:
The robot is just a toy in a kids room when it becomes alive. When he is discovering the house, he finds an egg in the kitchen and he is immediately in love and tries to communicate with it untill the egg falls on the ground and breaks =DDDD

haha, I love it! Looking forward to seeing the finished film

a story about a robot self conscious about his funny walk, who wants nothing more than to walk like a normal living creature. The robot learns to accept his walk after he journeys across some trechorous path that only his legs could handle.

Back