• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Minneapolis 48 Hour Film Project

So myself, Cole McDonald and a number of other local indies entered the Minneapolis 48hr film project which took place this weekend..

Friday we pulled our genre: Horror
got our required elements:

Character: Frank Mooney (DJ)
Prop: A Wallet
Line: "Thanks for your help. Thanks a lot!"

and shoved off for St. Cloud to do our filming out of town away from the other 54 teams in the competition.. After scoring a sweet location, and building our story around it.. we spent 9 hours at the location, actually shooting for about 6 of those hours on Saturday. editing began around 7pm Saturday night, and the finished product was dropped off back in Minneapolis this evening at 6!

So ladies and germs, for your viewing pleasure, I proudly present to you...

CURTAIN CALL (This is a 10MB mpeg4 MOV file)

Good luck to you! The 48-hour film fest is happening in Chicago next week. I've always wanted to do it but have never had the time, this year included. Maybe next year...

How did you do?

Looks pretty good for the short amount of time you had.. Great job!

I'd like to collaborate with you next year Thunderclap on the 48hour deal

Yeah. the same guy that runs the Minneapolis one will be doing the Chicago one I believe.. I would be willing to come down and work with you guys too, but definately not next weekend.. ;)

Thanks Coot! Glad you enjoyed it.

Overall I liked it. My only criticism is the beginning is too slow thus making the film longer than it needed to be. But, as Cootdog said, for a project done in 48-hours it was well done. Nice job!

As for next year Cootdog, it would be great to colaborate. Let's plan to do something.

This project was a blast...I highly recommend it...you won't sleep, but sleep depravation provides creativity!

I am, BTW, the aforementioned Cole McDonald.

I liked the scene with the guy getting hit with a cricket bat! That was quite funny. Then the second victim being left with the acting for dummies cd in her mouth was a good effect.

Not sure if Shakespeare would appreciate someone changing story of his play however.
Anyway the music was a good choice as it created more suspense which i enjoyed watching.

That music was created for us on Sunday... in about a half hour or so.. about oh an hour and a half before we ran the tapes in to the drop off. :)

That was awesome; really cool. I'm amazed you guys got a spectacular theatre like that. Great use of the props too- the wallet being a sign from god.. no wait, from Shakespeare. Oh man. Good stuff. And the acting for dummies CD was a sweet touch. Really great, especially for a 48hour project.
I just wonder why, if you were doing a Shakespeare play where people methodically die... why not the cursed Macbeth? Was the R&J selection just random, or was there a meaning to't?

I thought you had the rights to MacBeth ;) I'm not sure why R&J, I think it was known enough that a general audience would know it wasn't being told right and understand the problems without needing backstory for it. MacBeth is well known, but more for its reputation than its story line by the general public. When they were writing, I brought out my "Big Book O' Bill" for them to pick a "The Bard" play from.

I'm glad you caught all the funny...and surprised that Eddie was able to pick out the cricket bat...what brand was it...huh smart guy? :lol:

Just got interviewed by the St. Cloud paper again. Tried to plug indietalk again, tried to get them to focus more on the team rather than just me. First article is here: http://www.sctimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060610/NEWS01/106100015/1009

Next article should run wednesday with a follow up on how we did.

Oh! and the theater we used is going to try to contact the 48hour folks and try to get the films to screen there!

...and surprised that Eddie was able to pick out the cricket bat

We're English... it's a genetic thing. I spotted it too -- it looked like a Kookabura or an MRF -- did you have an Aussie on set?

Well done on getting such a neat piece of work done in the time. Glad to hear you had fun doing it.

hehe, I would imagine it's like us seeing the end of a baseball bat for 4 frames ;) I don't know the brand, just making the comment ;)

Aside from Romeo & Juliet being very well known, no matter how unfamiliar you may be with Shakespear.. There is the unlikely love story thing going on there too.. so yea... it was uh.. on purpose.. riiiight.. ;)

hehe Glad you all are liking it :D

don't know about the prizes yet, but it went well, people laughed when they were expected to and it looked great (being the DP, I'm quite proud of the look of this movie - obviously I can find fault with about every shot in it, but we shot it in 6 hours). I watched my work on the big screen while eating popcorn, any awards would just be icing :)

Back