Will my IMDB Number change?

sfoster

Staff Member
On IMDB it lists me as number (XII) by my name.

Will that number fluctuate or am I #12 forever?
I've noticed people in the top 5000 don't have a number by their name but lets assume I never get there.

Your number (XII) reflects the fact that you're the 12th Sean Foster to register on IMDB.
Emma Stone is listed as Emma Stone (III) as she was the 3rd with that name on the site.
And she's got an IMDB rank of 11.

BTW if you look up names using the IMDB app on your phone, you won't see those numbers. But they're visible on the actual IMDB page.

There are no hard and fast rules as to how they get ordered, though we try to use one or more of the following standards: who is more famous, who came first chronologically, whose job is more popularly looked up (i.e. when people are looking up a name, they're more likely to be looking for information on a director or actor than a production assistant or key grip with the same name), who was added to the database first.

To avoid confusion among our users and to prevent potential loss of data due to unnecessary corrections, we do not change or reorder roman numerals once they have been assigned, except as dictated by internal technical requirements.

No changes. :)

I'mmm number 1!

I'mmm number 1!

I'mmm number 1!

I'mmm number 1!

Sorry, couldn't resist. There was another dude by the same name, but he's not on IMDB cuz they don't list dead German (non-film) composers. Sorry, Dead Joseph Weindl, but we're like Highlander! :P

Back