Dallas-Fort Worth film staff wanted in exchange for future help

I have written a short script, 7 pages in length. And a story board of about 50 pages. But I can't do it all alone.

Let's collaborate and pool our resources in order get viable short projects done. This can be seen as useful experience and a film/video credit opportunity.This is not a paid offer.

The narrative: A man is guided in his nocturnal dreams by the voice of his audio book in the hope of accomplishing his ambitions. His reality (family, work) is a complete opposite of the voices' guidelines. Dream and reality converge, in his real world, to bring him to a decisive action.

This story is a play on the audio version of the book, "Making Ideas Happen", which is the number one selling ibook. It calls for special effects.

What I have: A Canon 60D, Sigma 30mm f1.4 lens, Fostex FR-2LE audio recorder, xlr cables, Rode NT-5 cardiod condenser mic, AudioTech 897 shotgun mic, 3'-10' retractable boom pole, 6'6" stand (plus grip) for boompole.

Equipment I/we need: Lighting equipment, another camera with a good lens (preferably for wide shots), green room capabilities (for dream scene), DSLR shoulder rig, dolly. Extras would be a sound mixer, on set video monitor, longer boom pole, wireless lav system.

Personnel needed: Director of photography. Sound - operators of audio equipment such as boompole, and audio levels on recorder. Someone familiar with post production sound editing. Lighting personnel. Video editing, Adobe, Avid etc).

Actors; Two men, two woman. A couple with a child and a single couple

The first plan on the agenda is to sit down and discuss the storyline, underlying and obvious conflicts of and between the characters (actors), and how the scenery, composition, shot selection and lighting should compliment the story's theme(s).

This piece calls for those interested in being on the set and applying their experience and/or vision towards tangible results.

What I have to offer in return: For those of you with good stories to tell but need the production equipment I have, we can get together to do your future short projects. I can also be helpful with writing, storytelling vision and themes.

Eddie

I'm in Fort Worth... I'm interested. What are the shooting dates? Can I have a look at the script?

I have all the equipment you listed and more. Also know lot's of crew members and we collaborate all the time.

As far as actors, try Craigslist.

Great to hear you're interested. I dont have shooting dates yet because I'm alone in the early planning stages, without a staff. Yes you can see the script. I've been advised to fix the formatting and I plan to have it fixed by Sunday - but the story is complete. I'm also having someone re sketch my story board this week as well. Mine is all stick figures, but with that said, all the scenes/shot sequences are accounted for and they are based on supporting the narrative of the characters etc. Of course this would be open to change.

I saw your work. Pretty ambitious :) I was most impressed by The Agent. That skydiving sequence was awesome. When he landed, it looked really top notch. I enjoyed watching it. The images looked great. Sound was good. Most importantly, you have finished projects and the experience that goes along with that.

My story is very different . The conflicts are more centered around the personal relationship kind and I've attempted to build the characters, their relationships, and inner and outer conflicts - in as much as you can do in a short script. The idea would be to show all of this creatively and effectively.

Special effects creating an artificial environment is needed - and sound will play a huge role.

Enough talk. I have to look for correct script formatting resources.

How would you like me to send you the script?

Back