Working on a Pilot

Anyone have any experience working on a pilot?

Been trying to get a production of an animated show up and running, and I would be grateful if I could bounce some questions off of you.

Thanks for any help.

Anyone have any experience working on a pilot?

Been trying to get a production of an animated show up and running, and I would be grateful if I could bounce some questions off of you.

Thanks for any help.

You have to be real careful. If they are actually flying the plane; make no sudden movements and make sure you vocalize.

*runs*

Drops a subtle hint that if you happen to need a voice for your animated show, please consider me as I have always wanted to do some voice work.

Check out my not so great voice audition - here

PG - I have. Don't know if it was good at all though, as it's slowly trying to make it's way to Hollywood. Be happy to answer what I know, and punt what I don't (trust me...there will be a lot of kicking going on!)

Chris

Hey, Poke - currently in pre-pro to direct a pilot for a small production company - not my own - so answers to questions may be fresh in my head. Feel free to contact me.

Thanks for the responses.

Eddie: 99% of the roles have been cast, but after reading your message I came up with an idea to get a few Indie Talker's voices in the pilot. I will make an announcement when the time comes. Thanks for the seed of thought.

Wide: Thanks, we'll need it.

Chris and Steve: Will be contacting you shortly.

You need a thread for posting voice samples. :)

Are you planning to record all of the dialogue before animation? What style of animation? 2D cell (or Flash) or 3D CGI?

The animation style will be a cross between "Tom Goes to the Mayor" and "South Park" with animated photos of the actors being manipulated and animated in After Effects (with a lot more movement than both TGTTM and SP). We're actually thinking about animating it in another program, but we keep coming back to AE because it's what we know best. Sets and Backgrounds will also be comprised of real photographs.

The dialogue will be recorded before and during animation. We're going to be using an unusual technique that I don't want to give away (just yet) that will make it necessary to have 99% the VO done before the final animation. There will be some ADR and foley work after the fact.

We're working on a test, I will post it here when it get's done.

Last edited:
Back