• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch curiosity

I basically sketched out the character's parts (ie. body, legs, arms, etc.), scanned them, and applied them as a texture to 3D planes in a program called trueSpace. The parts were put together and a basic skeleton/rig was made so that the character could be animated.

The camera was animated after the character. I used straight-ahead animation, keying the movement a few frames at a time. There were lots of keyframes on the character himself. (Often I'll key every frame or two, and not let the computer do much inbetweening).

This was rendered out and color-graded in After Effects.

It really didn't take much time at all. Something like an afternoon's worth of work, from sketches to finished product (and it is really short, after all).

Had it been done using the traditional stop-motion technique, it would have of course taken much longer.

Hope this helps!

Last edited:
Hey Steve!

I had hoped to do something in the 10-minute range. I've been tied up with music video work at the moment (which, I suppose, is a good problem to have), but I'm really keen on revisiting this style.

Thank you for checking it out!

Back