Canon HFS100 keeps telling me I have non memory card

Has anyone had this issue?

I have a memory card in the card slot. However the camera has a red light lit on the upper right side of the view screen and it is telling me there is no card in the slot.
I have used this card and all the others many times with no problems. Suddenly NONE of them work. I used the camera last night with no issues.

Is there something I am missing with this? What could have happened between last night and tonight? It is as though the camera no longer recognizes the cards...any of them and I have quite a few of them. This particular camera has no internal memory to record on.

I have a feeling its something REALLY stupid that I am not figuring out!

Thanks.

First thing to check is that the card isn't locked.. SD cards have a little slide lock on them that prevents writing. Also, have you formatted the cards lately? Are they formatted in a format the camera will recognize?

Thanks for the reply.

Still nothing.

These cards are all formatted and they all worked until now.
I tried moving that slide on the side up and down and no joy.

In the view window there is a red box with the letters SD on it and a red line thru it. I have never seen that before. When I try to do anything the camera makes a beep noise and then reads 'no card'. I have tried multiple cards that have all worked and work in other cameras...it keeps telling me I have no card. Then that red box comes up. Strange.

I did go thru the manual but there is nothing there on this. Did I accidently press a button that made this happen? I cannot imagine what button that would be. I have been using this camera for about four years now.

Is it that the card reader needs cleaning????

Back