Canon XL2 No Audio at all

Hey I am kind new to the whole filmmaking , I just bought a camcorder a Canon XL2 and Since then There is no Audio at all, If i playback what I recordered even, and when I transffered those videos to my computer( unluckly I only have Microsoft Movie Maker) , there is no Audio at all, and the quality sucks , my old camcorder was way better, I was wondering if there is any switches or mic is not funtional or something please help me

Thank you

It probably has to do with your import settings. I have an XL1s and use Adobe Premiere. What are your default quality settings for importing? I don't use Movie Maker and would not recommend it. If you had the money for an XL2, please invest in a decent non-linear editor. Your overall quality is only as good as your weakest tool, and in this case it's Movie Maker.

Did you listen in the headphones while you were shooting? Could you hear it then? What mic were you using? How/where was it plugged in? Did you have the Phantom Power on? How was the camera set to record audio? Does the audio play back on the camera?

Thats actually a very good camera and was used to film "The Blair Witch Project". I just ordered mine through Ritz Camera today and waiting.
I'm sure it's a nice camera, but that films not a great example for picture quality :hmm:

Back