• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

Independent Feature in Ohio

I am a filmmaker in Newark, Ohio currently working on raising funds for an independent feature I wrote. We are hard at work going around to businesses and friends/family. We are trying to get 1,000 people to donate $50 dollars in order to have the minimum amount needed to begin funding. Please we are looking for help from everybody in the filmmaking community. Just got to www.*********.com/WalkingandFalling to donate or check out the website www.extinctfilms.com for other information. We need help for fundraising please. We are also looking for cast and crew members so feel free to send an email if interested in a position. Once again please help a fellow filmmaker in the funding process. Their are perks with the amount you donate.

Hi,

I checked out your pitch on Indie a go-go and saw that you are considering shooting 35mm and your budget is $50,000. I've shot features on 35mm, 16mm, Super-16, HD and DV and I can tell you that $50K isn't enough to shoot 35mm on a feature. That will pay for film stock only. No processing or telecine. You should look at Super-16 or HD. I'm in Columbus so you should drop me a line and I can give you some pointers. email me at scottspears_film@yahoo.com

Scott

Walking...you may want to do a little more research on making a movie before you shoot off pitches to individuals or social networks for donation or investment.

And Scott is correct...that is way too little for a 35mm feature. You can do a really nice HD feature for that...maybe you should look into it.

Good luck.

Back