Netflix Find your Voice Contest

Has anyone submitted to this contest? I am struggling with getting the budget top sheet and was wondering if anyone else is finding this a challenge. I've got a scene in my script that calls for driving stunts in traffic. I can't even guess at what this would cost. The crew member in charge of driving stunts is that the stunt coordinator? or when there are stunts with cars does that crew member have a different title. Has anyone done this kind of filmmaking. Cars running lights and squealing around corners etc. In the scene a car hits a bicycle and a kid flies up in the air. Any help or leads would be much appreciated.

Has anyone submitted to this contest? I am struggling with getting the budget top sheet and was wondering if anyone else is finding this a challenge. I've got a scene in my script that calls for driving stunts in traffic. I can't even guess at what this would cost. The crew member in charge of driving stunts is that the stunt coordinator? or when there are stunts with cars does that crew member have a different title. Has anyone done this kind of filmmaking. Cars running lights and squealing around corners etc. In the scene a car hits a bicycle and a kid flies up in the air. Any help or leads would be much appreciated.

Sounds like a pretty detailed stunt scene. You'd need to shut down the streets for a few hours--this will cost you time and money, dealing with permits and whatnot...

If you're a non-SAG (non-union) production, you don't have to pay your stunt men...as far as I know, you don't need a 'certified' union stunt man to do you movie's stunts...we don't use union, and we pull off stunts.

If you start going union...that's where the money comes in.

ps. Also...who's car is it? :) You could use your's...and save some money! :)

Thanks for the input. Do you have a number or email for a stunt coordinator who might be able to give me an estimate for a preliminary budget? It's a SAG low budget feature with rented cars. My car won't go fast enough to catch anything :)

Back