• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch The Follower - 4 Minute Thriller

The Follower - 4 Minute Horror/Thriller

Hi everybody

I just finished a 4 min horor/thriller short THE FOLLOWER. Would be great to get your feedback.

"There are things in life you can't simply reverse with the click of a button"

https://vimeo.com/118478397

Last edited:
Firstly the cinematography and colours are incredible... I really liked the visual style of the film. The character of The Follower has an awesome voice, and great delivery too... I think it's safe to say I enjoyed it, lol ;)

Could we see a list of gear used to make this 4 minute piece of gold?

i agree, i think the acting and production was all well put together, i loved the followers line delivery. would love to hear what you shot on, too!

for me, though, i didn't think the story was particularly interesting. was it supposed to be a commentary on internet tracking? once you sign up for facebook, twitter, et. anyone can know anything about you, OR "follow you" forever?... eh. i mean, fucking awesome if it were a PSA against facebook, but as a short... eh.

other minor things:
was he wearing a suit? just hanging out at home, surfing the web, eating dinner...wearing a suit? attention to details in set and props and wardrobe is just a big thing for me. personally, i shed my work clothes faster than you can say "work clothes" as soon as i get home haha

pacing could have moved a bit faster, i didn't feel like the intensity, nervousness was built in a way that quite worked, and i think moving it a bit faster may have helped. maybe. that's kinda a tough call, but something was just a bit off about the pacing. definitely not a big thing tho.

loved that penultimate shot!!!!! definitely didn't need the last one where the (1) notification comes up, that beat a dead horse and killed the really cool feeling i would have been left with had you used the wide as the very ending

but really well put together, keep up the great work!

Thanks so much @LoftworksDigital @samwagner1000 for taking the time providing feedback. Really appreciate!

Regarding the gear, I used a Panasonic GH3 with Sigma 18-35 1.8 on a Metabones SpeedBooster. Shot in Natural Profile -5 -5 -2 -5 and graded with FCPX + FilmConvert. 2/3 of the budget of 500 Euro went into equipment rental. Glidecam HD2000, Lights => Arri True Blue Tungsten: 2 x 650 W, 2 x 300 W, 3 x 150W Filmgear.

Last edited:
Back