Indie bands want their music in film???

Hi! I'm making a short film and I'd really like some original music in it (so that I don't have to pay much for royalties), so would anyone be interested in writing/recording original music for my film? I wouldn't be able to pay much but you'd be in the credits and get your band promoted in the film. I'd love to hear different music! Give me your info in the thread and we'll talk!
Thanks!
-Drew

What sort of music are you looking for? You'll probably get a better response on a forum with more bands than filmmakers...it's sort of the other way around here! That is, if you are looking for bands/songs. There are lots of aspiring film composers here who might be able to help you out with a free/low-cost score. Not every band can write a good film score (and likewise, not every film composer is good at writing, say, a rock song). If you really want a band, try a site like ReverbNation or Bandcamp...you can browse bands based on genre and location, so you can maybe even find someone relatively local (local is good!) Or a combination of the two...find some indie bands for songs, and get a composer to write you a score.

Now, all that said, I know a few folks around here do have bands that would be happy to let you use a song. Mine is Ghost Estate (though we're a little odd and not really appropriate for most films, I think!)

Back