• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Critique and Feedback for new footage...

Hello, I'm DJ. I just bought a 600d a couple months ago but I hadn't used it since I was saving up for equipment to use for filming purposes. With that being said, I've received a good amount of equipment up to now [although there's still a few more things I'd like to get asap]. This includes:

- Davis & Sanford 7518
- Shoulder Rig (link here)
- Sony MDR 7506
- Sound Devices MM-1
- Rode NTG-2
- Dead Cat windscreen

I was able to dabble with these items last saturday for filming a friend's event (which I wasn't excited about at all) and I learned a lot about my equipment, pros and cons... for example, I sold the extra 55-250mm lens that came with the kit in order to save up for a lens that can take good, sharp, close-up action footage from a safe distance [oxymoron?] because, that, nor the 18-55mm lens will are capable of capturing what I intend to filming.

If anybody can steer me in the right direction on what kind of film equipment to get, I'd appreciate it greatly. Also, if you want to view my first project, please do not hesitate to pm me and I'll send you the video link and password to view it. I'd really like to hear your critique and what you would have done differently/added in, and provide pointers on how I could improve. I'm looking forward to any responses!

Bump... any pointers and critique would be appreciated, a ton!

You might have more luck if you just posted the video and password openly… people are more likely to do you a favour if they don't have to jump through hoops to do it :)

Back