• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Wouldn't I Like To... (Horror Short Film)

My first attempt at a psychological horror. I am a college student from England, in my first year of Media Production BTEC Level 3. For my enrichment project, the class were told to write up a treatment for a 2 minute horror film. The film cannot contain graphic violence, nudity or profanity. Knowing these restrictions, I began to write up my treatment and out of the 4 stories selected, one of them was mine, chosen to be made into a film. I was influenced by films such as Kotoko, Stoker and Berberian Sound Studio.

There are things I implemented specifically to scenes such as the opening of the door in the beginning, telling the audience that they have entered this delusional character's world and the subtle tears flowing down the main character as she continues to stare. You will also notice that the school students change positions several times throughout the first scene to also amplify the idea that things are not quite right and we may possibly be looking at this entire image through the eyes of this delusional character.

The shots are carefully framed to make the main character seem like a predator, only looking at her interactions with other people as prey and nothing but objects. This entire idea of her appearing ordinary on the outside and a monster on the inside is a representation of a psychopath.

Synopsis
Through the eyes of a psychopathic school girl who yearns for blood. She conceals her true self by wearing her uniform perfectly, sitting up with her back straight and pretending to listen to the teacher. Inside, she feels empty, dying of starvation, the thirst for a killing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoNKKr3noCc

ikSW1reUfs5lO.jpg

Last edited:
Chilling. The visuals are strange and impressive. It looks surreal, and very filmic. My favorite thing about it is the sound editing. It was very unnerving, and often made me feel uncomfortable.

Great job!

great film,was very chilling when the girl went in to her own world, and the actress seemed really fit in the whole pshyco face, with the eyes and the hair, really enjoyed it.

Very nicely done. Personally, I found what looked like in-camera shake on a rolling shutter camera a little nauseating, I would have kept it steady, then added what shake I wanted in post.
Well cast, well shot and very good use of sound.

CraigL

Thank you

Thank you everybody for the feedback, I highly appreciate it. I was a little worried people wouldn't understand what was going on but you all made me realise how wrong I was.

Back