• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Score 61 at PAGE awards for my first script

Have you ever sent a script for coverage? What was your score?

I sent my first screenplay for coverage at PAGE Awards and the score was 61.
Approximately 25% of all entries score 60 or higher

Is it a good score for a first script?
In my opinion the reader made mistakes and my script should score 100 but this is because I know I'm psychopath.
I want opinions of more grounded people. Are these coverage programs, even from huge companies like PAGE, a little "fake"?

Detailes of the resaults of my script coverage:
PREMISE/CONCEPT Score: 7
PRESENTATION Score: 6
STRUCTURE Score: 6
PLOT Score: 5
PACING Score: 6
CHARACTERS Score: 6
DIALOGUE Score: 5
THEME Score: 5
STYLE/TONE Score: 7
COMMERCIAL POTENTIAL Score: 8
PASS

Last edited:
From what I've seen these are not at all fake. Your script is evaluated as if it was a real situation. Does your script have any commercial value or not?

61 is good so you're on your way.

From what I've seen these are not at all fake. Your script is evaluated as if it was a real situation. Does your script have any commercial value or not?

61 is good so you're on your way.

Thank you for the answer! The COMMERCIAL POTENTIAL Score is 8 if I understand what you ask.

Yeah, I meant VALUE. There's a difference between potential and value. If your product is of value for a studio you're in a good position. This can be the case even if your score is 61, but your commercial potential score is 10... leaning up towards 12.

I don't use coverage services, as they cost too much and I have a gene that helps me know exactly what I would score. But with the script I'm wrapping up right now... very tempted to send it to competitions.

Yeah, I meant VALUE. There's a difference between potential and value. If your product is of value for a studio you're in a good position. This can be the case even if your score is 61, but your commercial potential score is 10... leaning up towards 12.

I don't use coverage services, as they cost too much and I have a gene that helps me know exactly what I would score. But with the script I'm wrapping up right now... very tempted to send it to competitions.

I'm not sure how can I define the Value?

When studios receive scripts the studio reader writes the same score card to his boss that you got from the competition reader. Their function is to make sure that the bosses don't waste their times with scripts that the studio isn't interested in making, aka is of no value to them. As an addition to the score and evaluation they write one of these words: PASS, CONSIDER or RECOMMEND aka no value, little value, big value.

When studios receive scripts the studio reader writes the same score card to his boss that you got from the competition reader. Their function is to make sure that the bosses don't waste their times with scripts that the studio isn't interested in making, aka is of no value to them. As an addition to the score and evaluation they write one of these words: PASS, CONSIDER or RECOMMEND aka no value, little value, big value.

Ok, now I understand. As I wrote on the post at the last line the writer's opinion is PASS.

I sent my first screenplay for coverage at PAGE Awards and the score was 61.
Approximately 25% of all entries score 60 or higher

Is it a good score for a first script?
In my opinion the reader made mistakes and my script should score 100 but this is because I know I'm psychopath.
I want opinions of more grounded people. Are these coverage programs, even from huge companies like PAGE, a little "fake"?

Detailes of the resaults of my script coverage:
PREMISE/CONCEPT Score: 7
PRESENTATION Score: 6
STRUCTURE Score: 6
PLOT Score: 5
PACING Score: 6
CHARACTERS Score: 6
DIALOGUE Score: 5
THEME Score: 5
STYLE/TONE Score: 7
COMMERCIAL POTENTIAL Score: 8
PASS

Did you enter the script into the contest? Or just sent it in to be evaluated??

Back