Celsius 41.11 - The Temperature at Which the Brain Begins to Die

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great Movie. Showed you things Michael Moore is scared to show you, or just plain wont.

I wont go into a long spiel about it...but go see it, especially if you're one of those people who preach about open minded-ness, we don't want to be Hypocrites do we?

It's NOT bashing Michael Moore, as some would assume from the Title. It does present facts about Bush and disproves rumors/misinformation about Bush AND Kerry. He does not Narrate it like Michael Moore as to form the Viewers opinion for them. He does not edit it like Michael Moore to show things that arent there.

It takes some points from Michael Moore's F911 and shows you the other side, and the facts about them, but it does not go about analyzing and dissecting Moore's F911.

One last thing I will say about it is, The look on the children's faces in iraq and afghanistan and other countries we're helping/liberating when they're with American Troops, or when America is there/arrived REASSURE's me that EVERY HUMAN Strives to, wants to, and deserves to be FREE.

If F911 took votes away from Bush, C 41.11 gives them back.

4/4 stars.

smiley_patriot.gif
smiley_moore.gif
smiley_patriot.gif

rizien said:
It takes some points from Michael Moore's F911 and shows you the other side, and the facts about them, but it does not go about analyzing and dissecting Moore's F911.

What specific points does it do this with?

I've been curious to see this. I just found out about it a few weeks ago.

It lays them out like.. it goes through

How Bush DIDNT "steal" the election (a stupid and ridiculous claim to begin with)

How Bush DID do all he could to prevent 911

How EVERYONE thought there were WMDs, Not just Bush (and it clarifies more about that, im having a hard time remembering specifics)

man...im having a really hard time remember specifics...damn...might be because i just got off work and have a crazy head ache, it had atleast 5 or 6 points that it Clarified from the boggled "truth" of Michael Moore's film...

Damn i really wish i could think right now...Either way, i donated to "Citizens United" and Ill have my DVD soon....Maybe if you havent seen it by then i will go into great detail with references and all that good stuff :)

This is a liiiitle off topic, but ther is a Movie called "Michael Moore Hates America" making festival rounds.

Now, I watched a Michael Moore interview lately where Moore was talking about getting his movie on HBO or something. F 9/11 was recently rejected for that. He responded: "Show the other side's movie...whatever...just show the citizens Farenheit 9/11 before election day!!"

I just think it would be awesome if a cable channel would show Farenheit 9/11 and then Michael Moore Hates America right afterwards...that would be good TV (whether you like Moore or not).

HBO did a similar thing where they showed Boyz N the Hood and then Don't be a Menace (a Boyz N the Hood spoof)...good stuff.

...Anyway, back on topic...I want to see that film too.

Yea, i havent Seen Moore Hates America, or Farenhype 911 yet...I would have seen Hype except blockbuster has ONE copy of it, and about 50 of F911...I went apeshit on the guy working, i got really pissed. Guess ill just go buy it sooner or later...(later cuz im lazy)

Its funny watching the Moore followers get ultra pissed that these movies are coming out discreditting Moore's lies. They go crazy accusing CONSERVATIVES of having no integrity...its like they dont read or hear Moore's quotes...

If anything saying america is one of the dumbest countries, and hes ashamed to be one (something similar, not verbatim) shows you have no integrity....But im rambling, time for a great day at WORK!(did you catch that?)

Logan, actually it would probably be Farenheit 9/11 followed by Farenhype 9/11.. but yeah, good TV.. :) those are fun to watch back to back :)

(Rizien: I caught it.. nice ;) hehe)

I think that the problem is that a lot of people are willing to hear what they want to hear and treat it as fact. When they hear the other side, even if the other side uses fact and reason and logic, they start to fight.

Moore likes to be looked at as a documentary reporter. That he isn't. He's a mockumentary reporter. There is no showing the other side. There is no true factual analysis. It's more of, here's a fact, and my longwinded opinion to go with it. The bottom line is that he's a sensationalist, out for the bucks (not that there's anything wrong with that!!), not a journalist. If you expect facts from him rather than entertainment, that's where you made your mistake!

Chris

www.thethreelittlefigs.com

Home of The Fig Garden Trailer

cibao, I couldn't agree more. People are so set in their ways that any arguement which proves otherwise, regardless of how logical, is immediately dismissed as "propoganda" etc. Personally I don't even trust news reporters. Everyone, regardless of how hard they try, is going to be biased to some degree. Maybe I'm just more of a cynic than others though.

What REALLY bothers me are people who claim to be "democrats" or "republicans." I mean, lets face it people, there can't be THAT many people who agree 100% with a specific party.... if so then America has no hope. I personally find that I agree with both parties to some degree and disagree with each as well. There really is truth to the saying "Stupidity is always louder than truth."

People are so set in their ways that any arguement which proves otherwise, regardless of how logical, is immediately dismissed as "propoganda"
I think the problem is far more insidious than you suggest. People can not seem to accept that some one else may have a differing opinion. No matter how wrong we think that opinion might be they still have the right to think it. THAT is what makes America great. Inacting on the right to dissent is by far the most democatic, the most patriotic thing a person can do. Even when that person is very, very wrong.

Everyone, regardless of how hard they try, is going to be biased to some degree.
How very true. I have to agree with your distrust of the "unbiased news." Perhaps some people are able to remove themselves from their opinions in order to provide an accurate depicition of truth, but I have yet to meet that person. Which is why I feel that Michael Moore is more honest then others. He has presented something that is very cleary an expression of his opinions and I don't understand why anyone wouold think otherwise. Because it is clear Mr. Moore is biased I am better equiped to evalute his message. I don't except his story as gospel truth, I except that he is trying to make a point. Now I have the responsability to evalute his points and determine if they make sense based on my view of the world.

Untill a person excepts these rights and these responsabilities they are not capable of being a productive member of society. They will not be able express their opinions in a clear, sane, logical manner. Instead they will be reduced to emotional attacks that do nothing but alienate those who may need the most convincing.

Perhaps this is the cold meds talking (arghh... I feel miserable) but I just don't think that enough people are capable and it terrifies me.

Ok I'm stepping off the soap box now.

Mikey D said:
I think the problem is far more insidious than you suggest. People can not seem to accept that some one else may have a differing opinion. No matter how wrong we think that opinion might be they still have the right to think it. THAT is what makes America great. Inacting on the right to dissent is by far the most democatic, the most patriotic thing a person can do. Even when that person is very, very wrong.

But Making fun of, demeaning, and hating America is Treason. Thats what Moore does.

rizien said:
But Making fun of, demeaning, and hating America is Treason.

That is incorrect.

Treason is clearly defined in the United States Constitution, Article 3, Section 3 as:

Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort.

There is nothing wrong with questioning the actions of one's government.

Here is the entire Section, btw.

Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort. No Person shall be convicted of Treason unless on the Testimony of two Witnesses to the same overt Act, or on Confession in open Court.

The Congress shall have power to declare the Punishment of Treason, but no Attainder of Treason shall work Corruption of Blood, or Forfeiture except during the Life of the Person attainted.

Moreover, the rationale of this Article (while later given further protection by the First Amendment in the Bill of Rights) makes it clear that Mr Moore's views (and the views of those who vehemently oppose his thinking) are fully protected.

"The third section of the third article of the general constitution had been deeply rooted in the natural right of free utterance, before the publick solicitude required its farther security by the first amendment. The utterance of any opinions could not constitute treason. Irreverence expressed for our constitution and government; falsehood or reasoning to bring them into contempt and overturn them; were not thought politically criminal. Instead of being condemned to punishment, they are shielded against prosecution."

Taylor, An Inquiry into the Principles and Policy of the Government of the United States (1814)

Last edited:
figurative treason. Guess i should have clarified it wasnt actually an act of real legal treason. Otherwise we would have had him arrested right?

Also, its funny how he hates on america so much, yet America keeps him safe...I dare him to try that in China or N. Korea or Iraq during Saddam's Reign....

its funny how he hates on america so much

Provide some examples of his "hate on America".

Genuine examples. Not quotes of, or about, his political opinions. We all have opinions.

Let's see some hate in action.

Label me a Liberal. "Merk" me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back