Pinnacle Studio 16 has no audio

Hey guys, I've been practicing a lot on Pinnacle Studio 16 ultimate.... And so far I really like it.

However, all of a sudden it stopped producing audio from anything on my timeline. Audio from clips, Sound FX, scorefitter tracks... I'm getting nothing.

I've searched on this site, as well as google to try to figure out my problem, but with no success. I had sound up until earlier today.

If anyone with more experience could offer advise I would be extremely thankful!

Thanks in advance,
Marshall

Does the audio work with other programs? Resolve the hardware issue first.

Have you gone through the manual and the user forums? It's may be something stupid like hitting a wrong sequence of keystrokes, like using option instead of control.

Is the master track muted?

It could also be a driver conflict issue; did you install something new recently? Try uninstalling and then reinstalling the audio drivers.

Audio does work in other programs, the clips I'm using have audio if I select them from the My Video's section. And if I open Score Fitter, I can preview the songs, but when I click Add to Movie, no playback

Have you gone through the manual and the user forums? It's may be something stupid like hitting a wrong sequence of keystrokes, like using option instead of control.

Is the master track muted?

It could also be a driver conflict issue; did you install something new recently? Try uninstalling and then reinstalling the audio drivers.

I visited their support forum and didn't find anything, except an updated patch, which I downloaded, it did nothing... except now I appear to have 2 copies installed.

The best I can tell, nothing is muted, the master audio level gauge (I don't know what they are actually called) But I can watch the level move with the song/clip... but it doesn't make it to the speakers.

Save the patch I installed yesterday, no recent installs... I will try reinstalling the audio driver and let you know if it helps.

Thanks for the help.
Marshall

Last edited:

Did you check this?

Are the speakers working? Are the speakers turned on?

Is your audio interface working? Is your audio interface turned on? Is there a mute button on the interface you may have accidentally flipped off?

Are your cables correctly connected? Are your cables broken?

Have you had any power problems lately (brown-out, black-out, "blinks")? This can reset, change the settings or fry hardware/interfaces.

Did you try an audio routing change? Perhaps you are routed improperly.

Were you trying to record from an external source and changed the record monitoring set-up?

I visited their support forum...

About a minutes search on Google and I found out about the drivers issue.

Oh, have you opened a template or test session, or a previous project that worked just fine? Any issues there?

Did you check this?

Are the speakers working? Are the speakers turned on?

Is your audio interface working? Is your audio interface turned on? Is there a mute button on the interface you may have accidentally flipped off?

Are your cables correctly connected? Are your cables broken?

Have you had any power problems lately (brown-out, black-out, "blinks")? This can reset, change the settings or fry hardware/interfaces.

Did you try an audio routing change? Perhaps you are routed improperly.

Were you trying to record from an external source and changed the record monitoring set-up?

About a minutes search on Google and I found out about the drivers issue.

Oh, have you opened a template or test session, or a previous project that worked just fine? Any issues there?

Yes I have audio everywhere except the Library/Timeline on Pinnacle.

What did you search on google?

*Edit* I have opened the sample project that comes with the program, and it also has no audio.

Last edited:
That's always the first thing to do when there is a problem - close the program and then shut down the computer (not restart!). Go for a glass of water, or have a cigarette, or do something else for five minutes. Take a quick break to clear your mind and calm down; your first instinct is to panic. When you get back power the computer back up, open the software, then open the project on which you were working.

Next is check power on all components, then the cabling (if any).

After that comes the comprehensive troubleshooting.

BTW, you should ALWAYS follow proper shutdown procedures; close the project, then quit the program, then power down, then shut off the system power (power conditioner). Yes it takes an extra 45 seconds to three minutes, but I've followed this procedure ever since I temped for Perot Systems almost 20 years ago. The computer experts there all agreed that this would prevent most major glitches in the future. I have very, very few computer problems that were not caused by my own clumsiness or stupidity. Oh, one more thing... You should have a computer for your work and another for everything else. My newest computer is always in the studio. When I upgrade to a new computer the old one becomes my internet and everything else computer.

This is really silly, but true. Having worked happily with Studio 16 Plus for several months came home from a trip away to find no sound in Pinnacle - no sound problems elsewhere.

Solution was Control Panel -> Hardware -> Sound -> Adjust System Volume BUT WITH PINNACLE RUNNING. Without it, the sliders didn't include Pinnacle, which had mysteriously got muted. Silly but true!

No Audio Pinnacle

If you have no sound in Pinnacle, open pinnacle, right click on the speaker icon in the corner of the Windows task bar. Click on Open Volume Mixer, make sure the slider for Pinnacle is all the way up and the speaker in not on Mute.

This is really silly, but true. Having worked happily with Studio 16 Plus for several months came home from a trip away to find no sound in Pinnacle - no sound problems elsewhere.

Solution was Control Panel -> Hardware -> Sound -> Adjust System Volume BUT WITH PINNACLE RUNNING. Without it, the sliders didn't include Pinnacle, which had mysteriously got muted. Silly but true!

Thank you very much. It was exactly that problem. I have just registered to say thank you and I discovered a fantastic forum.

Back