Need Help With Auditions

I am casting for a no budget DV short. I have a ton of actors lined up to audition, but no place to audition them. Where's a good, common location to hold an audition like this?

cmill216 said:
I am casting for a no budget DV short. I have a ton of actors lined up to audition, but no place to audition them. Where's a good, common location to hold an audition like this?
I always rent a little theatre for the day. You can get really good rates because they usually only are in use at night.

cmill216 said:
Well I was thinking about that, but the place is too small to hold an audition (I'm actually expecting over twenty guys, who I've received headshots and resumes from).
What about renting a small theater?

Well, I actually now have a place set up, it's in a business plaza with a large conference room and break room setup, so I think I'm good to go now. Thanks a lot everyone.

I rented a small conference room at a hotel for the auditions I held in April... it worked out great, people that were waiting to audition just waited in the hallway.. I got it for $50/day

Will Vincent said:
I rented a small conference room at a hotel for the auditions I held in April... it worked out great, people that were waiting to audition just waited in the hallway.. I got it for $50/day

Actually I won't have to pay a thing! My pops is one of the managers there so I'll get to use it for free!

:)

Back