IR Illuminator

So I am going to be making a mockumentary that takes place in the woods. When I say "the woods" I mean, forest, with no electricity for lighting. And I have no money for a generator, so I was thinking of using an IR illuminator. I know it'll be green looking, but I guess I'm sort of going for that kind of "happening on the spot look". Just wondering if there's an alternative for it!

Big Flash lights? The kind that take D-Cells?

Or you could shoot during the day and colour correct it to look like night (Hard) and leave just a spot.

Thanks. I didn't even think about that. The lights would look better than if I colour corrected it. Lighting is key to having a scene look "real". I think I'll look into the lights.

Aren't there camera mount lights that can either use batteries(regular or chargable battery pack)? I don't know your budget thought. Flashlights with D cells would work as stated above. That's a toughie.
As far as the "green" look, that may be an effect you want. Is the story told from a "first person/camera" type view? The IR would work better with that than a 3rd person view.

Yeah I do have a light mounted on my camera, but the battery seems to die after about 15 minutes of use. The battery pack is rechargable, but even after charging it ALL night, it still only gives me about 20 minutes of battery time. where could I find some D-Cell batteries? And are they relatively cheap?

Back