Iver Wood passes away

Wombles, Postmaster Pat, and Paddington stop-motion animator dies at 72. Will be greatly missed. :mope: :cry:

Last edited:
That's no good.

The Wombles were awesome. I used to watch that all the time as a kid. Learnt all about conservation and recycling from that show.

Paddington always fascinated me. He was one of the best parts of Nickelodeon's "Pinwheel" when I was a kid. Along with his fellow stop-motioneers, "Sancho and his donkey, Carrots," who I believe lived in Hattietown...

Stop-motion is highly underrated...

Yes Poke, that's right! Me too... lol

I've actually been toying with doing some stop motion work myself. We'll see though. Iver Wood and his work continue to live on, beyond his years. That's the sign of a true master of his craft.

To this day I always associate a yellow slicker and galoshes with him.

In the original books he wore Wellington Boots and a Duffle coat.

Sad about Iver Wood though. I think he also did "Noggin the Nog" and "Ivor the Engine" which were both very strange animations.

Now that you say that He wore the same in the toons. I guess I just Americanized him because I secretly believe that everything really originates in America. ;)

He had a blue coat and brown shoes, I guess now I'll have to associate the rain gear with someone else ... hmmmmm ...

Poke

Back