• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Fishbowl- First Animation

This is my first attempt at an animation. I had limited time and limited materials, but I had an idea I wanted to try and make something of...this is how it turned out. I used Adobe Photoshop to draw each individual frame of the background city animation, before shooting the real life stop motion, then edited in Sony Movie Studio. Pretty much the most painstaking thing I have ever done.

Fishbowl: http://youtu.be/jOsmkf6PGaU

Please check it out if you have a minute to spare! (literally)

Really liked it actually.

The animation style is very distinctive – it needs sharpening here and there and the stop motion stuff needs to be clearer, because I was struggling to make out the fish in the bowl – and the text work is particularly good. I liked that it felt collagey with the different elements superimposed on one another, and the music sounded great. I definitely think you've got a lot of talent, I think it probably just takes familiarising yourself with the software, maybe branching into After Effects, to make really cool stuff.

I really quite liked it. I think you have a great deal of potential as a filmmaker. The little film seemed to be carrying an environmental message with it, which I think is excellent as I agree with all the quotes you put into it.

Back