• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

First thing I ever filmed!

Hey everyone, just want to show you the first thing I've ever really filmed. Its like a teaser for a short film that I would like to do if I were able to get some more actors involved. So yeah, please check it out and I'm currently working on something for Halloween!

http://youtu.be/gscLJ60pZPA

Hello new dude :cool:

Congrats on shooting your first film! We have some first timers here as well.

I liked the trailer. I thought it has neat music, and some cool shots. But there were a few things that bothered me.

A trailer should get into the story. It should start with a bam. Within a few seconds, it should grab the audiences attention. Unless the film is being produced and/or acted in by big names, you're going to have to grab the audiences attention with something else: excitement and elements that appeal to fans of that genre. Gunshots, screaming, running, action music, fighting, and camera movement. Grab their attention within a few seconds, and hold it until the end. Something has to spark their interest.

Remember to properly set your exposure, ISO, and focus. Also, use a tripod. The film was shaky, sometimes out of focus, and poorly exposed throughout.

Anyway, welcome. And I hope to see more. You obviously have talent, you just have to get more experience and refine your directing skills. Impressive first short. Better than my first :lol:

:welcome:

To add to what chimpphobia said, the widescreen bars made it look more amateur, i think. There are many uses for widescreen bars, but the most common use is to make a film look more "epic" and "cinematic". But fFootage needs to look a lot more "epic" or "cinematic" (as contentiously defined as those words are) in the first place to be made to look more "epic" or "cinematic" - which I don't think really happened here. Focus on ChimpPhobia's suggestions first, then start thinking about what colors and composition types make things look epic, etc - then think about widescreen.

Back