• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Tonight I began my First Persian film. Idea?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This film IS about a professor and his recently young back from abroad sister. I try it to seem more professional than other Iranian films. Of course, there is question. I think I will be questioned with statements like "This is not close to reality of society" or such, I don't buy them, because I think those who are so are those who only speak their minds which have no beauty or art.. Do you agree?

I am now calling it "Let me call you"... I say this because I may have question and know how I refer to it...

Thanks!

Maybe the problem here is that because of nobody's trouble with English, I don't think either of us really fully understands what the other is saying.
When are you guys gonna make PersianIndietalk.com?

Last edited:
Nobody, It is possible to have a different world view and style with your directing that is fine. I have seen works by Kubrik, Gillium, Spielberg, and Snyder and they all have pretty distinctive styles.
It seems you are misunderstanding...

nobody has posted this in the Screenwriting section and he is talking
about a script. Directing styles don't usually come into play when
writing the script.

You should take a little time and read some of his other posts. He is
struggling to be a writer and has said many times that he his not
interested in directing. You tend to offer good (if verbose) advice. I
be interested in what you have to say regarding nobody writing a
screenplay in his native language.

oh yeah, I did misread that. I have to get past his difficult to read prose. I'm looking at it more from a writer/director/producer perspective. A person wearing all the hats.

But my advice works the same as far as creativity in general. I could replace the directors with writers names. If you take t he word "directing" and replace it with "creative vision" it still holds up. For the case of a writer "pacing, and story" are still important.

I might want to discuss content, themes, and subtext, but I'd have to know more about his story.

The idea of a professor who has a sister who has returned from travels abroad is interesting. I would want to know more about the characters. What is the age difference? I think what Nobody should do in this case is take each character and write an outline about who they are and what their motivations are. Almost like a dating profile. Then take what has been built up in these dossiers and apply the plot to them. I would like to know more beats in the plot. It sounds like the story is merely an intro. It needs to have more to go anywhere. What situations do they find themselves in?

There is a film called Only Lovers Left Alive. The story in the film revolves around two vampires. Somewhere during the story a sister unexpectedly arrives. This arrival drives the story. This could be helpful to watch for some structural inspiration. It is a very small production. If I remember correctly, it mostly takes place in a single room. It somewhat reminds me of a stage play.

Last edited:
The professor is older, but not old. He teaches literature and philosophers famous figures. He hates pickles. He is smart, though, some times forget (for example) his cell phone in home....
It is about fight of ideas and not only a story that happens...

Thanks!

Don't worry if english yours is good or no... just write and write until sick of it you get. ;)
If your English is good enough to understand on this forum, you should have no problem communicating your ideas and improving your skills with many-many scripts and 1000s of pages.

Rest assured... log way you have to go!

edit:
In fact, make it your goal to write 1000 pages (you already have 1)! That's only about 9-10 scrips. By the time you do that, you'll develop advanced script writing techniques and learn English better then most foreigners can hope to achieve in their entire life.

Last edited:
Great idea!!!!!! I should see what life has for me... I hope I can do such things in future..
I wrote more English before. Though I think chatting helps it too, though I usually don't do it a lot in English...

Thanks!

Great idea!!!!!! I should see what life has for me... I hope I can do such things in future..
I wrote more English before. Though I think chatting helps it too, though I usually don't do it a lot in English...

Thanks!

Reading and talking will improve your English considerably. You should find a way to talk to foreigners.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back