• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Is it true that screenwriting is an easy job?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What? Only English speakers can write screenplays?

Nobody his ambition is to become a Hollywood screenwriter. How he is now, he cant be. My English sucks as well almost as bad as his. My screenplays are Dutch and are full of errors thx to my dyslexia. I have 0 ambition to write a Hollywood movie.

And....yes, its the worst name. Feutus Lapdance fits the music I DJ.

A job = an activity in exchange for money that will sustain your living expenses.

An career = an activity in exchange for money and where you gain skills and clime the ladder into a higher social status and where you're value goes up. A career might not start of being able to sustain your living expenses, but the investment ...can in some cases... be more rewarding over time.

Last edited:
Having Directed, Acted, and Written (on an indie level), I can say with certainty that writing is by far the most difficult process in indie filmmaking. Writers are never given the kudos they deserve when it comes to the whole process.

Let me ask you all, what is job?
According to the dictionary a job is "a paid position of regular employment".
Screenwriting can be that.

A job is "a task or piece of work, especially one that is paid"
Screenwriting can be that.

I have shown you respect by answering your question. Will you answer MY question?

That's called a career.
Using your definition what I had as a screenwriter was a job.

So, we have jobs that we do just to gait paid and live and if one day the boss won't pay us
we could even do a protest to get our money. And that's because the only reason we do that
job is money.
And we also have jobs that we did before we started getting paid, we would keep doing them
even if we never got paid, and even if we won 1 trillion dollars we would still do them because
they are like breathing and eating for us.

We have these two different activities and both of them are named jobs according to dictionaries.
But they are completely different and the only thing that connects them is money. Each one can
choose what writing is for them. Languages are far from perfect to describe every detail.
But emotions are 100% perfect. If you feel good naming writing job, just because you get paid,
then go name it as such. I personally want to vomit when I name writing job, and so I never name it job.

You directorik, you seem a bit nervous in all your messages. Relax bro, I answered, now it is your job...
to understand ;)

The OP never replied, and you guys went on for 3 pages battling each other over semantics. This is going nowhere, let's try to be more productive. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back