• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

How to create a PDF?

I know I can probably figure this out on my own, but I'm being lazy. I'm looking to create a PDF of my script that I can e-mail to people. Does anyone know how to do this? Or can anyone point me in the right direction as to how to find out how to do it?

Thanks

CutePDF

T Shipley said:
I know I can probably figure this out on my own, but I'm being lazy. I'm looking to create a PDF of my script that I can e-mail to people. Does anyone know how to do this? Or can anyone point me in the right direction as to how to find out how to do it?

Thanks

Here's another decent freeware program:

CutePDF Writer

Works like a printer driver...

filmy

Last edited by a moderator:
If you work in Final Draft, not only do your script look pretty and you can do some neat things for scheduling, but it will also turn your script into a pdf.

And the great news is all us prem members can buy it cheap here :yes: I just did as was totally satisfied.

"The following has been a paid for commerical on behalf of indietalk membership, all celebrity voices were impersonated."

No seriously, Final Draft, does it all and then some. I couldn't work without it.

Those freeware links look pretty good!

That's good to here about Final Draft. Sunfrog's Filmscheduling software also includes a PDF export option, as well.

I have a pretty old version of MS Word that doesn't have PDF export, so I "PrintScrn" a page to clipboard, and paste it to a spiffy new version of Photoshop. I can make a PDF from that, but it looks like crap... coming from a bitmap original. :(

I'll have to try these new ones out. :)

Back