• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

Indie Rights Movies

Anyone ever heard of Indie Rights Movies? They're an independent film distribution company with no upfront fees and take 20% of your films earings (so you keep 80%). Their website is here https://www.indierights.com/indiefilmdistribution/ and filled with testimonials. It kind of sounds too good to be true so I wanted to ask if anyone has ever dealt with or heard of them. Seriously considering reaching out to them but I don't want it to be a scam or anything.

I've heard of them but have not dealt with them. Re 20/80 split: you always have to be careful of the expenses portion of the contract - the distributor's ability to take out their expenses before calculating that split is where a lot of indie filmmakers get burned.

Thanks for the post. I wish I had more insight on the company from a Filmmaker's point of view. I reached out to a few of the people that gave their testimonials on Twitter. So far no one has gotten back to me. Starting to think that maybe these people were paid to say that stuff & didn't actually work with them. Hopefully, I'm wrong and I hear something back. If I do I'll update this thread so the community knows.

I see that one of the films is "distributed" on Amazon Prime. You can do that yourself very easily for free and keep ALL of the revenue. It seems that these people are more interested in seeking investors for their own films. These people don't have a list or "catalog" of the films that they have supposedly distributed...nor do they tell you WHERE they distribute your film. Is it on Hulu, Amazon, itunes?...where?

Back