Scouting for skilled VFX artists! Medieval film

I am halfway into a movie and need help. It's difficult to make a film alone. I need someone skilled with Adobe After Effects (or similar software) to join the team. This will not be payed. You need passion for film, not lust for money. Besides, put faith and hard work into your projects now, and later in life it will pay off in millions when you are famous in Hollywood. You must invest.

The movie is about a Viking hunting a dragon. I can film everything as I have the props and costume. I need someone to create fire special effects and such. This is a team thing. Everyone is welcome and we all put our names in the credits of the short movie and add it to our portfolio.

Respond to this thread or eMail me at Velociraptor451@yahoo.com if you are interested!

PM me with a link to see the footage plus a discription of what FX you need and I'll consider what I can do.

On what camera did you shoot?

PS.
I've been working with After Effects since 2002, but I still don't know everything :P

Last edited:
Reaching out to beginners for "hard" VFX is a formula for disappointment, frustration, and disaster. The kinds of effects you are looking for can look pretty cheesy if they aren't planned, shot and posted by experienced artists. If you share a few of your shots with me, I can give you a quick assessment.

- Thomas

I see. If you learned AE using the 30-day free trial, and in that time created satisfactory VFX for your project I can only make one observation; either your definition of "hard" VFX or "realistic" VFX (or both) is a little off. Again, if you share your shots with me, I can assist by giving my $0.02 on how to proceed.

- Thomas

Last edited:
Or if you are so talented there should be a way to pay 2 months of CC subscription and make those effects. 'You must invest', someone in this thread said... ;)

Show Thomas (Rok) and me what you got.
(Rok is a real crack when it comes to VFX: he won an Emmy. So if you should take someone's offer, it's his offer.)

Back