Help needed for RE fan film!

I am a newbie with this site and with the whole film production stuff and I am having no problems with writing a script, I have a story ready and everything! I just don't know how to start it off in the correct way and get it to the point where the story begins falling into place.

I am looking for help, and yes when it's done I will put your name in the credits of the film. If your interested in trying to take part of this non profit fan film or just want to help me on my major dilemma, by all means please help! :)

I have to say, I don't quite understand your question. It kind of feels like you're asking for help but you don't know what you're asking for?

You have a script written and you're looking for a way to get it into production or you're having troubles with script structure and don't understand things like beats, the 3 act structure, creating interesting and compelling characters that the audience can invest in, story arcs, plot twists, hooks etc?

Oh sorry! I was half asleep last night when i posted this. Must not have gotten to the point. But the question is now i have an intro (the whole problem revolves around the intro not fitting the story.) I keep trying to fit it intp the script (re wrote the intro, for it had not told much of the upcoming events.) To be more indepth the Umbrella corp was going after the main character for he is a project they created. But the intro i first prepared had in fact no clue to that. I just need help fitting it together, and i think it would help learning about the structure of script and all that! If you need me to send the old intro via email to help understand better. I just feel as though i dont wanna give to much about the story away just yet.)

Don't take this the wrong way, but as a writer, isn't it your job to get your point across? I know it is off point, but you really need to learn how to get your ideas down in written form so others can understand them.

Now to look at your question. I suggest that you ditch (save it, you never know if you'll use it in the future) your prologue (which I presume you're calling an intro - I hope you don't mean first act), work out exactly what you need to portray in your prologue for your audience to understand the rest of your story and/or get them in the right frame of mind. Once you worked that out, write a new one.

Back