Help with Script Scene Length

Hey guys, just wanted your help on a Script Breakdown. Specifically with Scene Lengths (8ths).
I have a Memory Flash in one of the scenes and i am having a hard time figuring out how to measure them.
Below is an example of what i mean:

**Sorry for HTML format, didnt know how to make text preserve line space... :) **
INT. SOMEPLACE - DAY 13 Some action will happen here... PERSON #1 Some dialogue here PERSON #2 Another dialogue MEMORY FLASH: Some flashing images will happen at this point lasting only a few seconds, with some description. BACK TO SCENE Another action will happen here PERSON #1 Bla bla bla.... An so on.....

So, my problem (question)... would i measure the MEMORY FLASH as well when breaking down the length of this scene (for example Scene 13 is approximately 3/8ths lets say), or would i measure the MEMORY FLASH Part on its own and subtract it from Scene 13 making Scene 13 only 2/8ths...

I have these flashing images happening in a few scenes. Would it be better to have them as a FLASH BACK Scene with there own Scene Header and create another Scene Heading for the Continuing Action that was happening before the MEMORY FLASH? I am not even sure if i have formatted the MEMORY FLASH (script) correctly as i am new to screenwriting and script breakdowns and i found an example on the internet where they where formatted as i wrote above without there own (Scene - Location Header)

Thnx in Advance Guys and i hope to become part of this community.
Cheers..!!!

I'm not sure if this is right or not, but I would consider a memory flash as a cut. So I would use the CUT TO: Transition, and then describe the action as it being sometime in the past. Hope this helps. Again, not sure if that's the right way or not.

Back