What's The Best Blu-ray Authoring and Disk Copying SW?

What's the best Blu-ray authoring and disk copying software for Apple computers?

Those of you with subscriptions to Adobe will say Encore. But, what do your recommend for "Perpetual Software" people who buy software without subscriptions? I'm reading Roxio Trademarks on Adobe Premiere Elements boxes and that would lead me to believe Adobe is using Roxio as a subcontractor to make their disk authoring software. Roxio also makes Toast 15 Titanium, which can author Blu-ray and DVD disks as well as it can make data CDs and copy disks.

Any advice or recommendations from personal experience?

Thanks in advance.

Not much with an old production.

I am looking to burn small batches of a new production for festival entries and people who worked in the production. If I wanted to large quantities, I would use a third party service. There's one in my area who mass produced the old production.

I have burned Blu-ray master disks on Windows computers before. The Best software, I find for Windows, is Nero Classic 2016 or 2017. I have both on two separate computers. How long it takes to burn a Blu-ray disk depends a lot on your computer and Blu-ray drive hardware. So, there is no definite answer.

It's been a long time since I used an IMac on a regular basis. So, I am rusty and looking for some help. This forum isn't what it use to be. How long? How many years apart are these IMacs? That's how long.

19787356_10213135000392217_2181942193841853870_o.jpg

Last edited:
I like Sony DVD Architect, which can also do Blu Ray. Gives you a lot of manual control, down to custom hightlights, first play, animations after button clicks, as well as laying down footage at the aspect ratio and frame rate you want.

There are Imac users on Cyberlink's forum asking Cyberling to make PowerDVD for Blu-rays for Macs. Using Leawo Blu-ray player a few days now, I am discoving issues with Macs and Blu-ray menues. That may be way Cyberlink is shying away from Apple computers. Even VLC Player for the Mac has issues with Blu-ray menus.

I had quite a fiasco with Leawo's Blu-ray Creator with the purchase, download, and activation. It's working now. They are very deceptive about their pricing $39.95 is only for a one year subscription. For a perpetual version with unlimited downloads, that's a good $78.

Mac users at work want me to report back to them on Leawo's Blu-ray Creator because they are interested in disk making software as well. The report won't be good at this point. Their Blu-ray Creator has lots of needs to improve their menu creation options. Customizing a menu needs lots of work.

With the issues I am coming across with Blu-ray player and authoring software for Apple computers, I would strongly advise Apple computer users to have a PC as well as a IMac. The player and authoring software is volumes better for PCs and 100% compatible with Blu-ray players attached to HDTVs.

If anyone here has something to add why Blu-ray authoring should be done on Macs, please share.

Back