• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Trailer: James vs Reality

congrats! if you dont mind me asking, how long did it take you to do everything? from shooting to final cut?

The entire project took almost 2 and a half years, but there are some things that contributed to the longest production of a short ever:

This was my first live action film, so there was a bit of a learning curve. We ended up scrapping everything we'd done the first 6 or so months and reshooting with the new knowledge we'd figured out. And not knowing what I was doing for a long time slowed things down too.

It was also a hard movie to shoot. Locations were generally rough ones to get on no budget, ect.

The post work took me a year. I did almost all of the post work, from editing, color correction, sound, music and visual effects. There are a ton of effects in the film, and this was my first time ever doing visual effects. It took me awhile to nail down how to do a lot of things.

Just as a little update about the film. We're winding down on the festival run (I'm out of money) but we had a lot of great success with it. It played in about 25 festivals and just this week we WON Best Sci Fi at the Dragon*Con Film Festival, which was a really exciting and completely unexpected win!

re

Just as a little update about the film. We're winding down on the festival run (I'm out of money) but we had a lot of great success with it. It played in about 25 festivals and just this week we WON Best Sci Fi at the Dragon*Con Film Festival, which was a really exciting and completely unexpected win!

Congrats on your Win!

For anyone who would like to see our cheesy little no budget film, the whole film is now up online. Winner of Best Sci Fi at DragonCon, Best Short at the DIY Film Festival, Winner of the Accolade Film Festival and featured in over 25 other festivals, please enjoy the silly, fun and epic James vs Reality!

jvr.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCNLphlmopQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCNLphlmopQ

Last edited:
Great job Chris. It really started getting good at about 9 minutes. The flying scene was really funny I laughed out loud on that part. Great job. The CGI of the creature was really amazing and well done. I really enjoyed your film. Hope you make more films like this.

You may want to start a new thread in the screening room for your James Vs Reality since this is the film now and not just a trailer. I notice the thread title says trailer.

Last edited:
Back