• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

Fisher Price Pxl 2000 vintage camcorder for sale.

265061890.jpg

265061896.jpg

265061893.jpg

Hello! I have a modified PXL for sale. £200.

This is a rare opportunity to purchase the Fisher Price PXL 2000 camcorder. This camera records direct to a normal audio cassette tape, giving a low-fi quality to the picture. Highly sought after by professional film makers for it's retro, dark and atmospheric picture.

Try searching youtube for examples.

The camera has been professionally restored and modified to include:

1) a light level knob that allow the user to either lighten or darken the image, simply turn the knob left or right to dial it in to your taste. this is a fantastic control that helps to get the shot you want even in less than perfect lighting conditions.

2) body contacts that when touched freeze the image on the frame, the dialogue keeps rolling and very nice blurs can be caught, provides many very useful effects in real time

3) rca audio and video output jacks to allow you to record to an external device, there are hundreds of brand new visualizations with this camera

4) a BLEED switch that makes images on the screen melt down like pixelated wax.

This is a great B/W video camcorder with awesome new features you wont find anywhere else. Still the same EXACT fabulous pxl image we all love, only now with more convenience and power. Works exactly like a stock, brand new PXL2000 until you flip a switch, etc.

Im also including a custom, hand built, signal amp that will allow you to shoot to any DIGITAL CAMCORDER OR DECK without the frustrating blue screen or very dark image that that usually accompany todays modern camcorders(SEE LAST PIC). You simply connect this box between your PXL2000 and DV cam, it runs on (1)9v battery and comes with on/off switch and LED indicator. This external amp is necessary in order to boost the video output signal up to todays digital standards.

So, any questions please feel free to contact me at pelicanoburger@gmail.com

Fisher price as in the company that makes toys?
Have you got any examples of video recorded with this?
It's a camera used by experimental filmmakers. I used to own one (never got to use it). It creates a grainy black and white image on an audio cassette.

An entire segment of Richard Linklater's SLACKER was shot with a Pixelvision camera. Very specific look to it and also very sought after toy by many...

I really like the effect you get from that camera. Even more experimental than super 8.
I'd get one but I don't think I could really spend £200 right now.

Back