Behind the Scenes Photographs

sfoster

Staff Member
Amazingly I don't think we have a thread that is simply a collection of BTS photographs. Post any cool ones here!

It could be from your own film, or from a big production like LOTR.
As long as there is some interesting aspect. Like, uhh, check out this big fan

CKD5xt8UAAAjDVl.jpg

Here is one that I took today - my first time using a bunch a black sheets everywhere to try to control light spill. It worked really well.

IMG_20151230_141657.jpg

I've got a light in a snoot box back there pointed straight down over the coffee table.
I attached the light to my c-stand and suspended it like a boom mic. Black sheet on the coffee table prevented light from reflecting back up. Don't be confused by the ceiling fan and that little light bulb, that's not a part of it.

Last edited:
A few days of stuff from our forthcoming feature film:

We rented a water truck to fill up a watersealed room for a crying scene. The water ended up being about five feet deep within eight minutes. It was cold water and 38 degrees outside :)
34y7k05.jpg

v4moau.jpg

2nk2noj.jpg

Last edited:
Cheating with a widow
2rwxlro.jpg

2dkd99z.jpg

jj7eys.jpg

I think that's all we had, sadly. Eight days of shooting over the course of three weekends. Hope this gets the ball rolling; this is a cool thread!

Really cool pics, especially that water room!

Here's a squib head that I made, along with how it came out on screen:

headprop.jpg

Framing it up:
headprop2.jpg

For the scene, one of the crew is trapped behind a glass wall and he is shot, as the others look on:
headexplosion.jpg

Here's another backyard set, which is later comp'd into a background and set extension:
drag.jpg

dragcomp2.jpg

A real Doppelgänger, Sean!
I'm curious!

Some not very spectacular BTS shots:

Here I'm prepared a group shot on a rooftop for a corporate video:
(Using tennisballs and wooden tiles to prevent point pressure that could damage the asphalt roof.)
BxHnesdCAAAl4a0.jpg

Timelapsing before the sun rises in Rotterdam:
BxpyKWaIIAADaZN.jpg

The crew during the last Rotterdam Harbours Days when we were done :)
COScw52VAAAfucJ.jpg

Last edited:
Back