• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

5 in 1 Rig!!! (Kickstarter)

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/616925105/cineglide-innovative-dslr-rig This is the link to my kickstarter, for my camera rig! please share it and if you can pledge! Everything helps.

The Cineglide is a 5 in 1 camera rig, which includes all the aspects needed for a run and gun filmmaker. It is extremely versatile, lightweight and can be used in many different situations, thanks to the 5 different holding options and handles.

It's main goal being to be the most affordable and versatile rig on the market.

We decided to make a kickstarter page for it in order to bring it in to real production, as the results were great and people kept on asking about where they could buy it!

So this appears to be assembled from hardware store components (primarily PVC pipe and couplers) and is reminiscent of many similar improvised rigs I've seen online. I'm not really clear on what it is you're trying to raise money for - is the final rig going to be more refined than the one you show in the kickstarter? If not, I'm not sure why someone would choose to buy one of these from you rather than assembling a similar thing at home which was customized to their own needs - can you explain what it is that makes yours better than a similar homemade rig?

On one hand good for them for being entrepreneurs. At the end of their KS page they mention they are going to be building molds (although upon re-reading not sure what the molds are as they seem to be just machine cutting the PVC. I would call that a jig perhaps. As for real molds, I don't see that as a plastic mold to make custom parts for their venture would run much much more than the 10k they are asking for). Also.... anyone can build that out of about 20$ or so of plumbing parts. The only part that might... cost a little is the gimble setup. Good luck boys.

The reason we can ask 10 thousand is exactly because of the fact that were not making molds... We are however getting everything precision cut and we are introducing new technologies/devices in order to make it better. You also have to keep in mind that its much cheaper than most other camera rigs... Lastly, this is just to show what it can do and its potential, and as a fourteen year old this is all I can do... But the results speak for themselves! :)

$10,000 so you can build a rig that people can build themselves ... nice one.

I can find a metal rig for around £50 that can hold better weight.

a 14 year old and his dad are trying to make a success of something thats already been done professionaly and by people who actually know what they are doing.

you say its cheaper, well yes it is, because you havent done the extensive research that other companies have, you havent quality control tested it thoroughly in a range of situations, you havent thought about alot of things.

good luck though

Ok I've read and studied your kickstarter and have a few things to say. Please don't take anything I say as an attack or against you as a person, but I just want to be realistic.

First up, why $10,000? Is there a specific reason? Often Kickstarter projects, particularly larger dollar value ones will have a run down of the costs associated to produce the product.

Secondly I know for a fact I can build a similar product for $15-30 depending how well I shop around. In fact I've built partial models INCLUDING something similar to your gimbal, back when I attempted my own Steadicam.

What are the new technologies you are introducing? Surely precision cut PVC pipes don't cost $10,000? How many units are you wanting to sell? Based on your pricing scheme that's only 100.

I think you need to be prepared for the Kickstarter to fail due to the reasons mentioned above. But that's ok. Failure is a part of life and every time you fail you learn from your mistakes and come back with something better. And you're 14, you have a lot of chances ahead of you!

If you do manage to raise $10k, props to you and all the best.

The reason we can ask 10 thousand is exactly because of the fact that were not making molds...

From your KS page: "In order to do this, we are asking for $10,000 to create the molds, source the mechanical components and assemble the final product."

Unfortunately, I don't think anybody with pay $115 for a PVC pipe rig. I certainly wouldn't. If the parts were really bespoke, you may have more luck, but as everybody has said, anybody could do this themselves, for less money. It's just not worth it.

Best of luck.

Hello everybody, we really appreciate all the comments and criticism... We understand what we have to do now, and we are really researching and finding alternatives in order to produce these in a much better material than the PVC it is made out of now.

Thanks alot!

Back