Shooting "Guerilla style" w/out getting sued?

I want to shoot some Guerilla style flicks. Because, well, I'm poor and I can't afford sets. I want to do this in a few US cities.

Any tips on doing this without pissing off too many people? I am willing to bend some laws, and I'm willing to adhere to others if they won't cost me boatloads?

I'm big on the action genre, so I would probably have some pretty intense scenes, but still low budget - so no explosions or car chases. Also any ideas on how to write such a film?

I wrote a short based on a (fictional) court case because I *though* I could do that cheaply. Turns out the court needs proof of insurance and a $500 damage disposition fee. I'm still planning on doing the film, but for future reference I want to plan out something I can shoot without the "blessing" of any higher powers. Any suggestions?

Again, until I show you evidence that I'm incapable of producing something of quality, then cut me a break. I might just be that damn good.

Hey man, no one is making claims otherwise. You came here for advice and you're getting boatloads. Take what you need, but don't argue against the advice you've no use for. No need to brag or boast or feel one-upped. A simple "thank you" would suffice. Best of luck on your project.

Hey man, no one is making claims otherwise. You came here for advice and you're getting boatloads. Take what you need, but don't argue against the advice you've no use for. No need to brag or boast or feel one-upped. A simple "thank you" would suffice. Best of luck on your project.

I apologize. Wheatgrinder keeps bringing out my arrogance. (JK, it's there anyways:lol:) I meant no offense I just have had LOTS of people tell me that I can't do what I want to in a condescending manner (Mainly my parents :() so I get a little defensive when I think people doubt me.

I don't believe I'm better than everyone else, I just believe that I'm good enough to succeed and if I'm not then the reception of my films will tell me that. At that point I'll improve and come back with something better. Filmmaking is my everything and since I'm unmarried, have no kids, and a family that treats me like crap most of the time, it's all I really care about anymore.

- Thanks.

I just have had LOTS of people tell me that I can't do what I want to

Dude, the only person here telling you that you can't do it is yourself.

You've got arguments & counterpoints for just about every suggestion that's been brought up. Heck, you're doing a great job of convincing me that you can't do it... and I'm about as supportive as they come.

I'm outta here, but I'll leave this: A trailer for the greatest courtroom drama ever. It doesn't take place in a courtroom. If you haven't seen this film, you should.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29DXaf0SE_8

Good luck.

Dude, the only person here telling you that you can't do it is yourself.

You've got arguments & counterpoints for just about every suggestion that's been brought up. Heck, you're doing a great job of convincing me that you can't do it... and I'm about as supportive as they come.

I'm outta here, but I'll leave this: A trailer for the greatest courtroom drama ever. It doesn't take place in a courtroom. If you haven't seen this film, you should.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29DXaf0SE_8

Good luck.

I know, that's why I mentioned my parents. I meant people in my regular life.

I don't mean to be argumentative, It's just me discussing. I try to address every meant for me and I haven't put the script on the internet (copyright paranoia) so I realize you guys are working on guesswork for the script's specifics. The point isn't to counter, just to inform what's going on from my side so that you can better understand where I'm coming from.

And thanks for the trailer. I already wrote the comment before reading that you weren't going to post back so I might as well submit this anyways. lol

- Thanks

my predictive skills are amazing, I should be a parent.. :)

on page two of this topic I said..

"Just blame your parents for everything wrong in your life and get on with making a movie... "

I stand by that statement. Now move on.

How can I help you with your movie?

my predictive skills are amazing, I should be a parent.. :)

on page two of this topic I said..

"Just blame your parents for everything wrong in your life and get on with making a movie... "

I stand by that statement. Now move on.

How can I help you with your movie?

LMAO, I love my parents, they just are tired of having kids... I can't really blame them. I'm the YOUNGEST and I'll be 20 in a month. Now my bro (Who's 21) is moving out soon and my sister is married, but after having kids their entire marriage I can understand them wanting to "retire" from the responsibility of taking care of kids. It just sucks for me because I'm still in college trying to get by and could use their help...

Just saying. I don't want the bad impression about my folks. They're good people and MUCH more moral than I.

You're right we should move on.

Right now, I'm sort of drawing a blank on that particular movie I'll get back to ya. Sorry, I have a million and one other projects outside of film, like my music and a couple of other things I'm writing. Hopefully these collective "others" will help me get the funding I need to set up my equipment. Only time will tell...

Aww crap you just reminded me that I need to register for fall classes too...

UPDATE ON BAD IDEAS FOR PEACE OF MIND

Since I derailed the thread a little while back and bothered a lot of people with a BAD idea of mine, I am happy to say that I no longer need that poor idea because I have a better one. And this one is VERY ethical and responsible.

I don't need or want a pat on the back for this, and that is not the point of this post.

I believe some of you were concerned with the repercussions of my lesser plan on people other than myself. I just wanted you to know that you no longer need be concerned. None of that matters anymore because this new plan is 100% safe, legal, and ethical.

I can't go into specifics about my plan, all I can tell you is that it involves writing something for an existing and well-reviewed form of media entertainment and my feature, AOD. Should I be successful with this idea I will need nothing more to make my work public.

- Sorry for causing a stir earlier and Thanks.

I am happy to say that I no longer need that poor idea because I have a better one.

Not to restart what sounded like a meltdown but if you don't mind I wouldn't mind hitting on this quote. Why just one idea? Sounds to me you should focusing on your classes first, come up with a ton of ideas throughout the semester and then push forward for a Guerilla style film (didn't read the whole thread but I suspect this was a feature). Before deciding on making a film I would have several concepts (and completely written) in your pocket. Also, allow the others around you (crew members) to help decide which will be the best story to go forward with. Never underestimate the folks that are helping you.

Good luck.

Not to restart what sounded like a meltdown but if you don't mind I wouldn't mind hitting on this quote. Why just one idea? Sounds to me you should focusing on your classes first, come up with a ton of ideas throughout the semester and then push forward for a Guerilla style film (didn't read the whole thread but I suspect this was a feature). Before deciding on making a film I would have several concepts (and completely written) in your pocket. Also, allow the others around you (crew members) to help decide which will be the best story to go forward with. Never underestimate the folks that are helping you.

Good luck.

No it was more of a bad idea in terms of being a publicity stunt I had in mind that was potentially dangerous. I have a better idea of how to get my name out now which is what I've been working on lately.

Back