I just purchased....

So I just made my first ever camera purchase.

I decided to go with the Canon 500d t2i. I was going to save for a 7D but after seeing some footage that this little beast puts out.... Pfffft. I knew this is a camera that could do what I needed it to do. The price wasn't bad either. It's 899 @ best buy. Reason why I purchased there is because you can find a bunch of coupon online. If you search "coupon code best buy" searches will pop up. There's a 12% off coupon code that you can print out and take into the store. It's only good until the 11th of July. That lowered the price by about 100ish dollars. So for 799 it's a steal. Seriously. Especially because it comes with a 18-55mm lense.

Anyways I thought I would share my recent purchase. And also thought I would pass on the coupon code information to anyone who is on the cliff about buying one.

Now I just need to figure out how to use this thing. HA.

Iv talked to lots of folks locally, seems everyone I know is working on a web series. Me, I got one episode into mine before I blew it.

Unsolicited advise you don't need. But for my NEXT web series attempt I will film several weeks of episodes FIRST before announcing\screening the first one. Seems the biggest factor in successful web series is regularly delivery.

Absolutely. I think a web series should be treated like an on air television series. People want to be on a regular schedule because in my opinion, if not, it falls off their radar. They will either forget about it just lose interest.

I think duration, schedule and content are extremely important. I also think going beyond just showing them an episode online is important as well.

I have a few ideas up my sleeve and plan on going in with a bang. Keeping everything under wraps at the moment but will be sure to fill everyone who is interested in with details when the time is right.

I've been messing around with mobile photography a lot. I love it. I purchased a new 3D phone and have snapped over 500 pictures in the matter of 16 days. It's great stuff working with 3D. You rethink your entire shot composition.

Moving on...

The below video isn't in 3D. But it's part of a little experiment I am doing. I'm living each day as if I won the lottery and struck it rich. I'm just traveling around. Going to beaches. Having fun in the sun. It's great stuff. I'm trying to absorb as much as I can and have been snapping photographs on my phone as I go. This isn't meant to be a cinematic work of art. Just a mere footprint in my life left here on Earth...

JULY 9th

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLNqYDcXgxE

You said you paid 899 for a T2i?

The T3i is 899. T2i's should be only 799 kit and 699 body.

Nevermind. I just checked out the date on the original post.

Epic forum fail.

Save that one for the album, indietalk.

What's the update?

Get any new lenses for it?

I just purchased a Vivitar 28mm f/2.5 and it's in the mail. Should arrive tomorrow. Can't wait to test it out. Never had such a fast wide angle.

The update is just some personal pet projects I am working on.

Life passes us by way too quickly. So I'm capturing my everyday life by means of a mobile camera. I've been compiling those photographs together into short little pieces. That's all. No major update. Just sharing by posting in my already created thread of progress.

I only have 2 lenses. The kit lens and the 50 1.8 lens. I don't have any plans to purchase a new lens anytime soon. If I can't manage with these two lenses then I am doing something wrong in my opinion...

But yeah, like I said, those latest videos are shot with a mobile camera phone. Not the T2i. I just want to make that clear.

Back