• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Concept Problems

Recently, I was looking on IMDB to see what else Alejandro Amenabar did, aside from "The Others". One of his films was called, "The Sea Inside". The title, combined with the poster (a man looking dazed and half awake), lead me to come up with what I THOUGHT the film to be about. So, I skipped looking at the synopsis.

In my brain, I thought the film was about a man who was in a coma, and created a separate, better world for himself in his dreams...and as negative things on the outside world affected his utopia, it causes mayhem and turmoil in his mind.

Only when I decided to look back at the synopsis did I discover that the film was quite different from my concept. Upon discovering this, I had a mini party.

There's just one problem...I don't know how to write his utopia. I don't want it to be too normal, but I also can't have it be too fantastical. The former would be a bore, and the latter far too kiddish. I'm having troubles finding the island between both shores.

Any suggestions?

Back