Confusing requirements from the academy

Hello!

I have a question, which is confusing me (maybe it is due to the language).. So, I am applying to the academy (Kamera departement) and for our second part of the application we have to bring the following gear :

Digital mirror reflex fotocamera as well as videocamera (digital videocamera, specifically video DSLR camera)

I have Canon EOS 70D which I also used to shoot films for the first part of the application.
Would that be enough?

Thank you..
sab

Thank you, Walter!

It is Film Academy in Vienna. I know my question is kind of stupid, but I dont want to come there and realise that something is missing, especially because they specified a candidate has to have "fotocamera" AND "videocamera".

(Die Kandidatinnen und Kandidaten haben für die Testarbeiten im zentralen künstlerischen Fach "BILDTECHNIK UND KAMERA" ihre eigene digitale Spiegelreflex-Fotokamera und Zubehör (Objektive, Stativ etc.) – bitte testen Sie die Kamera im Vorfeld, da wir nachträgliche Pannen nicht berücksichtigen können – sowie eine Videokamera (digitale Videokamera bzw. Video-DSLR Kamera mitzubringen.)

Not a stupid question at all. It is a little confusing because a digital mirror reflex
camera and a DSLR are the same thing. Digital Single Lens Reflex.

Your 70D is BOTH a photo camera AND a video camera.

The German text also tells you to bring Zubehören: bring your gear: tripod, lenses, follow focus, shoulderrig: bring what you've good.
Bring enough memorycards and full batteries.

Back